Has Anyone Heard of Someone's Tinnitus Stopping After a Few (3-5) Weeks?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Ifeel4U, Jul 7, 2014.

1. Ifeel4U
      Wishful

Ifeel4U Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/25/14
      Has anyone herd of someones ringing stopping after a few (3-5) weeks? It seems that all these post/forums say that if its not gone after 24-48 hrs.. your looking at permanent T. Yes, people learn to cope/deal with it. But i have yet to see a post where someone got 100% back to normal no ringing after a few weeks?

I say this because its been only 2 weeks for me and came out of the blue in my right ear... (no loud music or concert before)... but Demi.. and everyone was in the same boat when it first started... now its months, years later and still having problems/issues..

I pray mine goes away soon and isnt permanent... I try not to focus on it... but as im sure all of you know its hard not too in the beginning .. i have to say its scary..annoying..depressing. I feel like pulling a Van Gogh on my ea

• Funny Funny x 1
    2. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      Not considered chronic until I think 6 months or a year. I know a few people where it went down very low in the first couple of months, to a point where it doesn't even affect them now. I have a friend that went almost completely deaf and his hearing came back and still has T, but not enough to affect his life. For me it did just that, went way down, then went way back up after exposing to some noise. Protect, even overprotect for the first couple of months. I'm not a doctor obviously, could be totally wrong but that's my experience. I really think initial stage to be important for healing. And try and stay relaxed, this helps the healing process.

3. Jay M
      Thinking

Jay M Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4/4/14
      My first mild T experience was in 2012 and was only 6 weeks. My T dropped so low I forgot about it and moved on. Only to be reminded on occasion that it was still there in a very quite room and listened for it. However, I have since been cautious of loud events and noisy situations. I only wore ear plugs when I thought it got to loud or just left.
      Now 2014, it came back bc of high stress, extreme allergies, poor sleep and an exhausted immune system. This time it was much louder than before both ears and I've been going through the whole emotional roller coaster ride.
      If you get another chance, DON'T take it for granted!

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. Telis

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      Do you think you will recover? Not permanant? Spike for a couple of months maybe?

5. Jay M
      Thinking

Jay M Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4/4/14
      It'll be 3 months and 1 week this Friday. I hoping that's all this is, is a spike and that it will reduce back down in volume to only a quite room! I have good days and not so good. My understanding is if it's not reactive and it's changing in volume then that's a good sign but T has no rules.

6. Telis

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      Well good luck man. Hope you get back to quiet.

• Like Like x 2