Has Anyone on Here Tried Negative Ion Therapy for Depression and/or Winter Depression?

Discussion in 'Support' started by JasonP, Jan 5, 2017.

1. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      So I noticed sometimes when I have a certain type of depression (not all kinds of the depression I can get) that after taking a shower I will feel better for a bit. I also noted that my depressions can get worse in the winter time (not always though) but before tinnitus and medications this was true in general. I'm sure there are multiple reasons involved but what I found out was that for a certain type of depression in the winter (S.A.D.) there can be a few ways to fight it.

One is using light therapy and another is negative ion therapy. I found out that the hot showers I have been taking are supposedly creating negative ions. I doubt that is the only reason I feel better after showering but thought it was interesting.

I read somewhere though, that the negative ion generators that people can buy have to produce a certain amount before it becomes therapeutic for depression. Does anyone here have experience with this? I found this article about it fairly interesting:

http://www.webmd.com/balance/features/negative-ions-create-positive-vibes

I am thinking this might work for "mild" depression but not sure. Interestingly, it talks about the beach having a lot of negative ions and that seems to help me feel better too just walking on the beach in the past. Granted, this is basically for mild types of depression on my part. I am just wondering if it it would be worth it to get a machine for my room.

If anyone has used a machine, please tell me which one and how well or not well it did!