Has Anyone Taken Oxycodone in Conjunction with Xanax for Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by cowdodge, Jul 10, 2015.

1. cowdodge
      Grumpy

cowdodge Member

Tinnitus Since:
      I have been on Oxycodone for a number of years and just decided that whatever effect it did for the ringing it was not doing anything. So last Sunday I stopped the oxy and thank god I have had no real withdrawal problems. But what little I read about getting off of that drug it might spike up my anxiety factor. Well my t's have been bothersome but I think the T's are pretty much the same. Now my question is has anyone else here gone off benzo's and what effect if any did it have on your T's?

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      cowdodge
      Grumpy

cowdodge Member

Tinnitus Since:
      No replies so far I have noticed that oxicotin does help with Anxity and that in turn does help the noise factor of having tennitus. Sure wish someone here would answer me back. Very noisy today and just trying to see th day through.

3. Samantha R

Samantha R Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @cowdodge I am sorry to hear you are having a loud day, how are you going?
      I don't know about the Oxi but when I was taking Benzos occasionally to help me initially, I noticed they definitely made my volume lower. That wasn't long term
      use though, how long have you been taking your benzodiazepines for?

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      cowdodge
      Grumpy

cowdodge Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Been taking oxicotin for years but a very mild dose. .025 now only when I neeed it. My doctor stated to me He didn't want me on it but what th heck I have taken it for years and for sure I'm not addicted to it. It just takes the edge oft the noise issue. Right now I'm nervous b ecause of the ringing but not taking any oxy as I only use it now as sort of a sleep aid. I do take Xanax at a small dose twice daily and it helps. All the other stuff that are antidepresents just put me out and I do not like being in another world. Did try pill form of weed but that did nothing. Anyway the best thing for tees is just to keep busy !