Has Anyone Tried Chinese Cupping for Tinnitus Relief?

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by JJ2time, Apr 12, 2019.

1. JJ2time

JJ2time Member

Tinnitus Since:
      november 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise (DJ)
      I'm thinking of trying Chinese cupping as it's supposed to get rid of the bad blood and improve circulation. I got tinnitus from loud noise exposure over a long period of time.

Was wondering if anyone has tried this... scared it might make it worse as lots of things seem to trigger tinnitus and I'm still working them all out the hard way.

Thanks.

R

2. dellwas

dellwas Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/19
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      concussion or ETD
      I'm not familiar with Cupping. I do however practice Qijong exercise, particularly the head and ear. Is this the same thing? Very much interested...

3. Daniel Lion
      Ape-like

Daniel Lion Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise trauma, hearing loss
      Cupping is awesome... have done it at least a hundred times... I live in Asia... it's for back aches... shoulders... lower back... neck... "keep it the hell away from your ears", just do it like a massage... feels great... does nothing for tinnitus... does lots for relaxation.

• Like Like x 2
    4. dayma
      Pacman

dayma Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/6/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      UNKNOWN
      Agreed with previous poster fully. It has it uses but did nothing for my tinnitus.

5. Ken23

Ken23 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Noise
      I've just started acupuncture and cupping to see if it helps with my tinnitus. So far the cupping has made it worse so stopped that. I'm trying Moxibustion at the moment. My tinnitus is from loud noise exposure.

• Like Like x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    6. Johan82

Johan82 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection or noise
      Hi Ken23. I went to a Chinese doctor to check my ears, mid April, in case there was fluid or an infection, because my tinnitus went up after Omicron infection (26 March). I was completely tired and the evening before the appointment I needed to take an Oxazepam against stress/panic. So I went almost like a zombie to that Chinese doctor.

She didn't find anything distinctive/odd. However, she said she would help me and I needed to lie down on a stretcher (table). Without informing me she started to utilize cupping in the shoulders, neck and under ears. She also did some trigger point treatment in the muscle tissue with a needle knife...

After that my left ear started to ring/hiss. Now I have a hiss and a pure tone.

Did your tinnitus go back to baseline after the cupping?