Have a Spare Pair of Wearable White Noise Generators?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Markku, May 26, 2016.

1. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Director Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      Hi all,

An acquaintance of mine is having a very bad time with their tinnitus but cannot afford the full price of what their audiologist is asking for a pair of wearable white noise generators.

If anybody happens to have a set of WNGs in storage somewhere that aren't being used, please send me a message.

If the devices have been used, the only requirement would be that the "domes" (the ear tips that go into the ear) are exchangeable, for reasons of hygiene.

Thanks in advance!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    2. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      Thanks for being a caring person. I wish I did have a spare pair I could send. I don't know why they have to be so expensive. Hopefully someone here will have a pair they can send you.

3. Engineer
      Creative

Engineer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/20/15
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely acoustic hearing loss
      A decent pair can be purchased from the pure tone on line store and shipped world wide for about US 900. Still expensive but this is about a third of what most audiologists will charge retail. I have no affiliation with pure tone but have used their product and am happy with it for the price.

http://www.puretoneretail.net/tinnitus.html

• Like Like x 1
    4. Sgguy46
      Jaded

Sgguy46 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress
      i use aftershokz blues bone conduction earphones to deliver whatever sound i want to mask the t using Bluetooth from my phone. It cost only 65usd i think. it is great because it does not cover my ears so i can interact with the world while wearing them, they look cool.