Have a Spare Pair of Wearable White Noise Generators?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Markku, May 26, 2016.

1. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Founder Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      Hi all,

An acquaintance of mine is having a very bad time with their tinnitus but cannot afford the full price of what their audiologist is asking for a pair of wearable white noise generators.

If anybody happens to have a set of WNGs in storage somewhere that aren't being used, please send me a message.

If the devices have been used, the only requirement would be that the "domes" (the ear tips that go into the ear) are exchangeable, for reasons of hygiene.

Thanks in advance!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    2. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      Thanks for being a caring person. I wish I did have a spare pair I could send. I don't know why they have to be so expensive. Hopefully someone here will have a pair they can send you.

3. Engineer
      Creative

Engineer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/20/15
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely acoustic hearing loss
      A decent pair can be purchased from the pure tone on line store and shipped world wide for about US 900. Still expensive but this is about a third of what most audiologists will charge retail. I have no affiliation with pure tone but have used their product and am happy with it for the price.

http://www.puretoneretail.net/tinnitus.html

• Like Like x 1
    4. Sgguy46
      Jaded

Sgguy46 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress
      i use aftershokz blues bone conduction earphones to deliver whatever sound i want to mask the t using Bluetooth from my phone. It cost only 65usd i think. it is great because it does not cover my ears so i can interact with the world while wearing them, they look cool.