Having a blip moment :(

Discussion in 'Support' started by Cher69, Aug 3, 2014.

1. Cher69
      Fine

Cher69 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      20/5/2013
      Hi guys well after months of being on top I'm having a blip moment the past few weeks I've found myself struggling with my biggest demon sleep again :(. I'm now exhausted and fearful that night time is another long haul :( I've got all my coping strategies at hand but at the momet they all appear useless - got a doc appointment on the hope they can offer me support and alternative options to get me through - I just want to sleep ;( xx

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. russiancarl

russiancarl Member

I think we've all been there. I'm sorry to hear you are going through this.

Have you tried masking sounds while you sleep? I don't know how severe your tinnitus is but even though mine can be heard over a fan it's still helpful to have.

Otherwise, there are sleeping pills that people like around here such as melatonin. I haven't used it personally but a lot of tinnitus sufferers use it with great benefit. There are also other relaxation methods like a glass of chamomile tea or breathing exercises.

If all else fails, perhaps exercise or tire yourself out to the point where you collapse and can't help but sleep.

It really does suck and I'm thankful that sleeping with T isn't something I have much of an issue with. I've had it for so long that even though it's louder now it doesn't bug me when I sleep as I'm used to having that sound there. It gives me hope that I can adjust to the ringing being there during my waking hours now and hopefully gives you hope that you will adjust to it eventually as well.

Best of luck.

• Like Like x 1
    3. mick1987
      No Mood

mick1987 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Hi Cher, sorry to hear about your sleep issues.

I recommend magnesium taken before bed, it relaxes every muscle in the body, its the ultimate relaxing mineral. I take 300mg magnesium bisglycinate (chelate) an hour before bed. Most are deficient in magnesium so it has great health benefits as well.

I was having muscle spasms in my ear and a bit of research found out it was caused by a magnesium deficiency, within a day of taking the supplement the spasms stopped and a great benefit was it makes me sleep like a baby.

Take care.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    4. gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      Hi Cher, good to see you again, obviously not under your current state. just to make sure, do you have fans running for sleeping, I use two & sometimes three at once. Also I have found A talk radio station that I listen to at night when going to bed. I tune in and the radio has a ear phone jack, so in goes the ear phone to the radio and I fall asleep listening to what is being talked about on the radio show, even if it is not something very interesting to me, I really focus on what is being said and the very loud T goes into the background. I tried music but it did not do it for me.

I am sure, as you said, it's a blip and just temporary.....

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Cher69
      Fine

Cher69 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      20/5/2013
      Hi guys it's nice to have support when you have these blips - I have an app on my phone I use for masking as I find I need to change what I use ever now and again I really don't know why my sleep is now suffering again can't pin point a reason just know the nights very long at the moment :(

Still on trazadone which is supposed to help sleep it did at first I wonder if I've got too used to it ? I'm trying to keep positive as I don't want he anxiety to come back !

Had a rubbish night again awake since 1am just couldn't go back to sleep I need a sledge hammer !

Cher xx

• Hug Hug x 2
    6. Steve
      Creative

Steve Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Flu, Noise-induced, Jaw trauma
      Hi Cher,

I've had real trouble sleeping for the last month, not due to the tinnitus as far as I know, though it has been a little louder. Just can't seem to get into a pattern at all.

Maybe there's something in York that's doing it? I've been blaming the light nights / mornings and the sweaty heat. Can't use the fan I have as the noise really aggravates my tinnitus.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Cher69
      Fine

Cher69 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      20/5/2013
      Defo must be York Steve !

8. Jay M
      Thinking

Jay M Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4/4/14
      Everyone goes through periods of sleeplessness with or without T.

Reduce all stimulants and changing evening habits such as lowering room lighting, smartphone and desktop screen brightness. Also reduce to half or less coffee and or tea and get more exercise. Sleep will improve and so will stress.