Having an Awful Past Few Days

Discussion in 'Support' started by Tara721, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Tara721
      Depressed

Tara721 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/01/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      :nailbiting:Hi All,

I've really been having a tough time these last few days. My T seems to be at a constant roar, waking up and going to work is a constant struggle. I am on the verge of tears all day it seems. I feel like I am at a loss right now and can't imagine living the rest of my life with this (I'm only 29!)

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Tattoosteve1987
      Stressed

Tattoosteve1987 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      i feel the same way as you. Everyday is a constant struggle. i hear mine over everything tv, music, etc. Think about suicide constantly. Do you have jaw pain/neck pain by any chance?

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Tara721
      Depressed

Tara721 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/01/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      No neck or jaw pain for me, thank goodness. Maybe you have TMJ?

4. cullenbohannon
      Thinking

cullenbohannon Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      Talk to your doc about the anxiety and have you seen an ent? If not look into that you can also see an audiologist. Hope you feel better it's hard at first stay positive

5. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Don't lose hope. You are being so new with T that the brain tends to have distorted and catastrophic thinking about the future. It is quite normal for newer sufferers. But you won't always think this way. I used to think like you too when I first had T. Besides my ultra high pitch loud T which went 7/24, I also had severe hyperacusis plus relentless panic attacks. I couldn't go out much as most normal noises were piercingly hurtful to my senses. I had to wear ear plugs all the time, and had to depend on meds to survive. I thought how I could live like that for the rest of my life too. But never say never. Nowadays I am back to normal. T still rings but it doesn't scare me like before. In fact, the brain gets hardened to the same repeated stimulus and it doesn't even react to T. I never thought I could get this stage. So give it time and have patience. It will get better. Try to get some masking going so you won't get too panicky with the spikes. You may want to get the doctor to prescribe some meds to help control your anxiety. All the best & God bless.

• Like Like x 2
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Tara721
      Depressed

Tara721 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/01/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Thanks everyone. I am meeting with a therapist tomorrow to hopefully help control my anxiety. I have otosclerosis which causes hearing loss which causes my T. I also have an appointment this week with an ear surgeon for a possible surgery to improve my hearing, which I am hopeful (but not TOO hopeful-I'm realistic about things) that it will reduce my T if my hearing is improved.

7. kevin truong

kevin truong Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2014
      The shower room is the best place to have your peace before going out hearing the T.

• Like Like x 1
    8. RedThinker
      Joyful

RedThinker Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/07/2009
      Hey man. I'm 19 years old and I have suffered from T for almost 6 years now. Until today I have just lived with it, but two months ago my T was got a lot worse. In the beginning it also over deathend everything, music, tv and regular conversation which normally wasn't a problem. I was literally on the edge to, but this Monday I woke up and my mind was not thinking of my new level of T at all. I started to think maybe it has gone away, but when I went out of the shower the sounds where still there. I went to school and I realized that suddenly every tiny little sound was overdeathing my T.

I guess my conclusion would be something like:
      At start T is always hard to get by with but give it time and hopefully your T experience would be the same as mine. Your brain just has to adapt to the new life situation, its still an alien sound until you get used to it. I will bring some physiological (correct me if i'm wrong) into this to make a perspective which I use to keep my hopes high, an example; In the beginning of life, your brain is not used to walk. Now when you suddenly have gotten used to walking, you stop thinking about how you walk, sort of the same thing with T, you get used to it. But if you suddenly start thinking about walking it gets a lot harder, so as long as your mind is focused on the T and not used to T it will be hard to cope with, as soon as your brain has gotten used to it, it hopefully wont affect you as much as it does now :)

If that made any sense :)
      I wish you all the best! Keep your hopes up high!

• Like Like x 2
      • Hug Hug x 2
    9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Tara721
      Depressed

Tara721 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/01/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Thank you, Red Thinker. Today I had a better day. I feel like I have to have a really bad day and have a breakdown before I can have a good, somewhat calm day. I try not to focus on my T and think about it. Sometimes I even pretend that my T has disappeared (like when I am in the shower, or driving in the car) and I think to myself "why can't it always be like this?" Which I suppose it can with time and patience. I can't help but compare my life before the T to the present, I feel as though everything I do is "shadowed" by my T. I have high hopes for the future, as my T is caused by otosclerosis which causes hearing loss. Hoping that when I can hear better I will not notice my T as much.

Thanks for the support, it helps! :)

• Hug Hug x 1