Head Movement Spikes Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by sandra72, Nov 27, 2017.

1. sandra72

sandra72 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      may 2014
      My tinnitus in my right ear became worse. Now when I move my head my tinnitus gets louder.
      Even when I move my head a little bit higher, my tinnitus gets louder. I hate it.

But when I press behind my ear on the bone then it becomes softer.

Does anybody has this also?

2. Tinniger

Tinniger Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Uncertain, now very somatic, started with noise?
      I also get a sound in my tinnitus ear with special head movements, which is clearly louder than the usual tinnitus.
      I can even hear a beep every step of the way when I'm jogging.
      I'm also interested in whether someone knows it that way...

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      sandra72

sandra72 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      may 2014
      When i walk i hear woosh woosh with every step. I sounds like i am walking in snow.
      When i first got T i notice this but it went down. But now 8 weeks ago it came back after my holiday en flying.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      sandra72

sandra72 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      may 2014
      8 weeks now with louder tinnitus after my holiday.
      It's louder in my other ear. It is louder with movement of my head.
      Some days like yesterday tinnitus is low. yesterday could not hear it over the tv but today very loud again.

Is there any change that it will settle down?

5. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      There is still a chance. Temporary spikes can last a surprisingly long time.
      xb

6. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      The fact that some days your T is quieter, is a very good sign. When it is relentlessly at the same volume level and pitch is when one might eventually begin getting worried.

7. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      @sandra72 I read your history. You mentioned that when placing jaw lower, sound will become softer. You also mention louder in the morning and when turning head.

Your neck may be slightly out of alignment (loss of some normal lordosis) and that may be causing all your problems and placing pressure on your SCMs. When these muscles are not in balance they pull on neck vertebrae and the mastoid area near the ears. Also suboccipital muscles. Most of the time a loss of normal lordosis is not a big deal as many will develop some loss as they get to middle age. If this condition is caused by up and down motion with a physical activity, then it often will include the SCMs and jaw.

Any treatment including jaw should be accompanied by soft treatment to neck muscles. With a little PT over time, you should see a big difference.

• Informative Informative x 1
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      sandra72

sandra72 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      may 2014
      when i place my jaw lower the sound becomes softer. My sound was not so bad with sometimes spike but i could live with it. But after my vacation it is changed. My anxious was very high because of the loud surroundings. I went on a boat trip and bus excursion. Bit dining room, flying etc etc. Most of the time i wear my plugs but not in de dinning room. I am just afraid that i have damage my ears more en that it will stay this way. I also have days when the T is very low. But now i have more bad than good days.

9. GiuseppeBolt

GiuseppeBolt Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown

I know your post is over 2 years old. I am curious as to how you are now?