Headache Takes Away Tinnitus — Anybody Else?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Sound Wave, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Sound Wave
      Curious

Sound Wave Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably headphones
      I have now exepriences this two times. Headache which starts to radiate from the back of my head on the T side to above the eyes and I also feel/hear loud 'whooshing' / 'rattling' sounds inside my head like if blood was flowing or something. Hard to describe. When this happened for the first time, it completely took away my T for 30 min or so. I was like o_O...

I have had these occasional headaches before T as well. They typically come during / after a stressfull event like presentations / intense debates. I suspect I clench my facial / neck muscles in those situations. The first time the headache took away T I was just tired and tried to take a nap when it happened. Maybe this is another mystery clue in diagnosing my T. Has anybody else experiences something similar?

2. Mr. Cartman
      Artistic

Mr. Cartman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Yes, I have experienced this a few times. I have no idea what happens. It has happened a lot of times before though with old Ts.. But then the T has resolved completely. When this headache kicks in I also hear my T is running upwards in frequency until it fades out. But this time when it has happened it doesnt fade completely out and fall back to the baseline after a while.

I really think its caused by muscles inside the ear.
      It would be interesting to know.

3. Mr. Cartman
      Artistic

Mr. Cartman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Forgot to mention that I have that whoosing from time to time as well. It does sound like blood flowing, because it whooses at the same frequency as my heart beat.

Have you been able to figure some of this out?

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sound Wave
      Curious

Sound Wave Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably headphones
      No, I haven't been able to figure this out. Interesting to hear that others have this too!

5. sakrt
      Tired

sakrt Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Specific issues
      This is what I had, with other inner-ear issues and went to another Otoneuro. in desperation (one who advertised a full page of being a tinnitus god). Was told a cochlear implant was my only option without further workup. (After 3 yrs prior of seeing different ENTs who said it was sinuses etc. - I was desperate). He said- migrainous associated vertigo (even though I had no vertigo) & T was just an imaginary sound perceived by the brain due to hearing-loss (The End). Nothing else can be done. The T at the time, was a whooshing sound w/ heartbeat after a head concussion. The T remained during migraines though...it actually exacerbated or triggered migraines because there was no quietness to rest.

After CI surgery - I woke up with 24hr debilitating grinding nonfluctuating T - for over 2 yrs now. I am now permanently deaf from the surgery and cannot use it -because- I have something ELSE he never bothered checking. Anyway - I was informed NSAIDs (Ibroprophen, Aleve etc) are VERY bad in creating T (a gastroenterologist also said as well). Also, many of the migraine meds. like Imitrex, cause T, however, when they're so bad one cannot help to take them, right?
      Thought you may like this site related to your symptoms: http://www.whooshers.com