Headphones

Discussion in 'Support' started by cowdodge, Jun 4, 2014.

1. cowdodge
      Grumpy

cowdodge Member

Tinnitus Since:
      I have read here about head phones and was wondering what is the best type and to buy for our problem. I have heard the open air one work the best and cause the least amount of problems. Any answers greatly appreciated. Jon

2. leelo
      Pacman

leelo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/2014
      if you do not need headphonse i would avoid it but i probably feel that way cause i believe headphones caused my T

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. seal

seal Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2007
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      I use the Bose QC 3, I strongly recommend those or the QC 15. They are noise canceling headphones so they also block out a lot of external noises a consequence of which you also don't need to turn up the volume. They are also great for traveling with trains, airplanes or cars ( if you are not the driver of course ). They are expensive but I would always buy them again, so check them out and see if you like them...

• Like Like x 1
    4. Sound Wave
      Curious

Sound Wave Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably headphones
      I wouldn't recommend noise-cancelling headphones, because they may cause nausea for some people. I do have the new Bose in-ear noise cancelling headphones still. :) Just get quality headphones which you like. Try them before buying. If you want advice what to buy, you can ask me. I know quite a bit about them.

P.S. I agree that caution is needed with headphones. My T also started most likely because of them and too high volumes.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      cowdodge
      Grumpy

cowdodge Member

Tinnitus Since:
      I think? That my head phones exsaterbate my tennitus? My wife doesn't like the TV noise on and so I watch it with my head phones on and I notice that the next day my t's seem to spike is there a reason for this? I also have a special set of hearing aids that can pick up the TV signal but notice also with these I get a spike in my t noises. Can this be caused by to my sound input directly in the ears canal?

6. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      Anyone else use noise canceling headphones for stuff like walking in the city etc? How much noise do these cancel? Are they ok to use as noise protection for every day noises say around 80db? Do they actually protect you or is the active noise canceling used not safe?

I am tired of ear plugs that lock in the T sound, I need something different. I'm also sick of sticking stuff into my ears. What is my best option?

7. Quentino
      Tired

Quentino Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Decrease of Hearing i presume.
      @Telis , i'm using Bose headphones, with noise canceling( only using them at home) and it reduces mostly little background noise, it works well but i think it's nothing comparable to earplugs.

There is on internet noise protecting headsets ( the same type of products as peltor) which don't look like huge working protection, maybe you should consider it.

• Informative Informative x 1