Healing Steps

Discussion in 'Support' started by Alvise, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Alvise
      Lurking

Alvise Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acustic Trauma in childhood with onset after 26 years
      I really don't know if I'm improving or not. Tinnitus healing is a very long trip.
      Something for sure happened since my life is quite better than the priod close to T onset.
      But things are still changing and seems there's not a real right path to follow. I really don't know if I am experiencing an healing process or it is just my imagination. Unbelievable, isn't it?
      Anyway, the onest was 20/02/2017, worst day of my life.
      I could say it came out of the blue but I know it wasn't. I had a previous hearing loss caused by an old acoustic trauma when I was 11 in 1992 (atm I'm 37, and was 36 at the onset).
      Anyway, thing is: I always had since 1992 an hearing loss but no T. Maybe maybe maybe maybe a rly quite whisper buzz that was rly rly rly hard to hear. Nothing more.
      After years T arrived. Duno why, maybe headphone? Disco? Clubs? Maybe the f*cking life?
      I was as all here depressed and didn't know what to do.
      I decide to resist and try to see what will happen. I knew T also before but I never met anyone with a T so severe that could lead to suicide or other tragedies.
      So the time passed

February - April 2017 : severe T, many sounds in my ear, many beep, eeee, buzzing, pulsating (I had the pulsating before the real T).

April - August 2017: no more beep, some eeee, still buzzing , more in the evening. It started to become reactive.

August - December 2017: no more beep, no more eeeee, still buzzing. It becomes more reactive than before.

January 2018: still a lot reactive buzz, annoying, but when I go in totaly silent room it started to become a lot quieter.

February 2018: acoustic trauma (dishes on the floor): T still quiet, but little spike that brought it over the baseline so I could not sleep.
      Couldn't hear T anyway in normal traffic, car, out of home. Terrible at night

March 2018: spike faded, but tryes to come back for some days anytime I hear some particular sounds.

I think I still have some H. Unilt it will not be resolved, my T will spike everytime.

If I think to my T as how it was at the onset I feel almost healed.

But thruth is that T is still there, and I'm still not satisfided.

It is not a success story. It's a story about a process that I can't understand perfectly.

Any of you lived same steps?

Sorry for my bad english.

2. monkey legs

monkey legs Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1991 (Low level). Worse Dec 2017 to Now
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear injury (paintball) 1991. 2017 > Onwards Cause? Not sure.
      Very early in my journey, but I think i am improving slowly. The ENT said I had no sign of Sinnusitis, or ear infection so thats a good thing. I do still have ear pain, and my head feels "wrong" if that makes sense.

As you say its very hard to understand whats going on. Im glad you are feeling a bit better. I think it takes a long time to fully recover from this thing.

Cheers.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Alvise
      Lurking

Alvise Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acustic Trauma in childhood with onset after 26 years
      yes, very long time.
      I made all kind of medical test to understand what is my "problem", but except the old HL, I have nothing.
      My only problem atm is the fear of certain sounds (dishes over everything) and difficulty to fall asleep because even a mild T can become overwhelming in total silence