Health Anxiety

Discussion in 'Health Talk' started by Lisa Robinson, Jan 11, 2015.

1. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Lisa Robinson
      Depressed

Lisa Robinson Member

Tinnitus Since:
      19/09/2013
      I am requesting CBT.

Last night i was looking at my blood work i had done while i was in australia. Says i have mild thrombocytopenia. 147 meant to be 150+ if it was cancer would the doctor be concerned? He never mentioned it to me. With swollen glands starting to worry as they havent gone down.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Kopesy
      English

Kopesy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      19/09/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I'll never know
      @Lisa Robinson
      Howdy! CBT sounds like a great idea! I'll have to ask my docs when I see him next week. Let me know how everything goes & what they say about this CBT, we all know that sometimes in the UK the health service tries its hardest to get out of doing anything! :p

3. conbsgc

conbsgc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      october
      Lisa if you were under suspicion for having cancer you would receive a phone call from your doctors office right away!!!

honestly I think you are stressing yourself too much, do yourself a huge favor and don't google medical info.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Lisa Robinson
      Depressed

Lisa Robinson Member

Tinnitus Since:
      19/09/2013
      Thought of that after posting this. ENT Went well today. No pressure or fluid in my ears anymore. Just these annoying buzzing sensations in my feet. :(

5. tinnitussufferer
      Angry

tinnitussufferer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2004
      why dont you go to your doctor about the glands?

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Lisa Robinson
      Depressed

Lisa Robinson Member

Tinnitus Since:
      19/09/2013
      Ent said glands are ok. He said not swollen to him.

7. Magpie
      Sporty

Magpie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/1999
      Lisa wrote:
      Right now im so nervous with pins and needles sometimes in my legs and arms, face and lip numb sensation and crawling skin. People say its common with anxiety which i suffer with badly. I am always googling symptoms and freaking me out. Ms and brain tumour and all sorts come up :(

Dont think had this before anxiety kicked in 3 months ago. Always had health anxiety.

Not on any meds about 5 weeks now off Zoloft. Had a tmj steriod injection 3 months ago.

Pins and needles, crawling skin, numbing etc.. etc.. could be caused by nerve pain. I would see a neurologist and as you mentioned restless legs I'm even more inclined to think it's a nerve problem. Of course I'm not a doctor but my gut feeling tells me that anxiety certainly isn't the cause.

8. tinnitussufferer
      Angry

tinnitussufferer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2004
      Yes but how does he know that? You know your body best. If you think they are swollen, then they need to investigate it properly. I went to my ENT and they did not even check properly. Unless they are massive, it can be hard to feel. The gp also said they couldnt feel mine! I can feel they are swollen though

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Lisa Robinson
      Depressed

Lisa Robinson Member

Tinnitus Since:
      19/09/2013
      Dr told me to see if things get better on prozac and in about 3 weeks go see her. Another week to wait. The 25 hour flight to and from oz has not helped as well.

10. conbsgc

conbsgc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      october
      Lisa please read this, I think it will help you

All of this I am telling you because I lived it... my own experience!!
      let me tell you, for your own good STOP listening to all these people sending you to neurologists because you feel pins and needles in your body (one of anxiety's most common symptoms) and telling you doctors probably don't know what a swollen gland is (despite a medical professional looking at it and telling you it's not swollen), honestly.... it's anxiety, and the gland is your mind it;s you focusing too much on it

you've had blood tests and a bunch of medical standard tests to detect any abnormality and they gave you prozac because it's obvious that your biggest problem is nothing more than just anxiety!

stop listening to people on the net, most don't have medical training and are just as hypochondriac and anxious because of google just like you are right now and I used to be thanks to damn google, (I learned my lesson though)

reading your posts makes it so obvious anxiety is eating you alive, you can perceive it just by looking at what you write!!!

I used to think I had spinal stenosis, that is a degenerative condition that makes you dizzy, nauseous, your arms fail, eventually your artery gets blocked and you can end up with arthritis or a stroke!!!

I had ALL THE SYMPTOMS.... joined a support group and all I read was negativity, people moaning, yapping endlessly about how miserable life is, how horrible everything is, how depressing, how useless doctors are!!! while some were truly in bad shape, others just moaned and moaned and moaned and their reference was always crap they'd found on google, not actual medical advice!

A lady especially was eager at telling me how I had the classical symptoms of spinal stenosis, one day I got so sick that I had a nervous breakdown and ended up in the emergency room.... the doctors (a neurologist, a physiotherapist, a GP, a kinesiologist, an orthopedist) did several CT scans, MRIs of my neck , X rays, several neck tests (and NONE could find anything serious, other than massive muscle tension due to stress and anxiety up in the sky), the support group especially this lady was so eager at telling me, no don't trust them, u need this test, and this other test and this other test and this other kind of test and so on.... and I kept bugging doctors with all kind of ridiculous stupid tests!!!

Eventually I became friends with some of these people on Facebook and noticed a pattern, they all moaned and whined and complained ALL DAY about their horrible lives and pain and how miserable they were!
      The lady who recommend me tests and exams and so on would post all day (in bed because I have the flu), next week (had to go to the ER because I had a lung infection), week after... (I have a horrible migraine for four days straight now), then (my neuralgia is killing me, not a fun day), next day (fun fun day, I was just diagnosed with sleep apnea), the next week (I am having palpitations and with this horrendous ear pain and fever I don't know what to do).... I mean fucking horrible!

One time she got me so nervous because she sent me an article that said that lyme disease gave u all the symptoms I had so I went and got tested for lyme disease, the test came back negative and I told her, her reply was what kind of test did they do? I told her, the Elisa and her reply was... nope not good go back and tell them you need this other specific kind of test because elisa doesnt detect lyme.... at that point I got so sick of her I told her "Sharon, FUCK OFF I AM SO SICK OF YOU, LOSE WEIGHT, JOIN A GYM SO YOU CAN GET IN SHAPE, GO OUT AND LIVE LIFE HYPOCHONDRIAC!!!" later I felt bad, but I realized she needed to hear this!

I eventually decided that doctors knew best and de-friended all this miserable people on Facebook, got on with my life, went back to what I enjoyed (music, going out, started to hang out with positive people, went back to museums, started to look for a job) and at first I was nervous and the symptoms were there, but two weeks later I had NOTHING, no pins, no needles, no swollen anything and inside I felt that I was improving!! I slowly started to feel normal again and one day when I was completely fine I looked back to that experience and I realized how much my anxiety was killing me!!!

Recently I checked that lady's profile and she's bugging a doctor because she has supposedly a trapped on the high part of the neck near her lower cerebellum and need a special surgery that might potentially leave her with cognitive loss), that six months after she had shoulder surgery, and after she had some therapy for sciatica (IT'S RIDICULOUS, she's still very overweight, constantly glued to google and on UK disability)

So I don't mean to ridicule anyone, but honestly lisa you would do yourself an ENORMOUS FAVOR if you stop googling things and leave support groups full of negative, anxious ridden people who are lost and don't know where to turn but who won't take advice at the same time.

Good luck and honestly I think you are fine!!!

if after all the medical tests you've done the only thing they gave you was prozac for anxiety, I think you are just very anxious!

• Like Like x 3
      • Agree Agree x 2
    11. tinnitussufferer
      Angry

tinnitussufferer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2004
      Sometimes, symptoms can be hard to diagnose. For example, do you know how they diagnose swollen lymph nodes? The only way to 100% rule out lymphoma is to biopsy the nodes. If not, they would just use ultrasound which is much less invasive but not reliable. I have read real life stories of people who only had 1 or 2 symptoms over many years. They kept being told nothing wrong. They had all tests except biopsy. Only once they had a biopsy, was it revealed they did in fact have low grade lymphoma. There are plenty stories online about misdiagnoses by gps. Many of those were told it was all anxiety. Sometimes you cant stop worrying because there is not enough evidence that there is nothing wrong.

If people should not listen to those on the net, why are you advising her.

If you dont believe gps get it wrong, look online you will find plenty of cases.

12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Lisa Robinson
      Depressed

Lisa Robinson Member

Tinnitus Since:
      19/09/2013
      Thann you for that post and I do agree. Ive been on some forums and people complain over a simple nose bleed :/ health anxiety is a pain. :(

I think im more mad because ive had anxiety before and didnt experience these symptoms, but.... few years ago i never googled stuff as much.

Everyone i know keeps reassuring me im ok from friends, nurse, family, work and some drs but why do i keep worrying? Why cant i believe it? I worry if i believe im ok i wont notice anything isant ok.

13. conbsgc

conbsgc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      october
      Because you keep exposing yourself to the source of your anxiety (Support groups and google), its like a chocolate addict trying to quit chocolate but can't do it because he spends most of his time at the chocolate store!!!

Tonight do this:

turn the computer off, go for a walk instead, watch TV, call your parents, have a movie night, read a book, even if anxiety is killing you don't go to support groups full of negativity and nagging people and don't google crap!!!

tomorrow you'll see you'll wake up less anxious, do it again and again and again and you'll see your anxiety will vanish in a matter of days, in a week you will be back to being the old you!

• Like Like x 1
    14. conbsgc

conbsgc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      october
      she went to doctors, they checked her, her tinnitus and symptoms are going away as she mentioned

she doesnt need to lose her mind over a swollen lymph node (doctors even told her they're not really swollen) biopsias are done on swollen nodes when you have swollen node, plus symptoms that might link to things like cancer) she doesnt have symptoms of cancer, just a swollen lymph node and even that its debatable as her family and doctors tell her is not really swollen!!

most of us have a swollen node here and there and we don't even notice it!!!

15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Lisa Robinson
      Depressed

Lisa Robinson Member

Tinnitus Since:
      19/09/2013
      Ent said my throat is red but also my nose is congested causing me problems be said. Glands he said were fine! Ears are actually fine for once. I remember someone saying i had menieres disease which scared me and got to anxious and then constant panic attacks!! I convinced myself i had it for months. Then got these weird sensations, looked online and it said MS and obsessing over that for a month over xmas and my ears got better. I am sitting here and the sensations are making me anxious, i keep picturing myself unwell and suffering. I went in shops the other day and saw someone with a charity bucket for MS, i freaked out saying its a sign and worried.

Can anxiety do so much physically? How will you know whats real?

16. conbsgc

conbsgc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      october
      Lisa

there are patients with multiple personalities.... some of their personalities have different symptoms, there van been cases of people who in one of their personalities have diabetes, and in other personality the person has asthma, and in another one the person is healthy.

When the personality changes to the one with diabetes, doctors have found that indeed their glucose levels go crazy, as well as the asthma personality causes their breathing to be affected, when they go the healthy person there are reports the person is medically fine!!!

YES ANXIETY IS HORRIBLE AND CAN PRETTY MUCH MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'RE ON THE MOON!

There is also a case of an englishman who for years claim he couldn't see from one eye, optalmologists couldn't understand why his eye looked normal and healthy yet he couldn't see out of it! Over the period of ten years this person lived and coped and suffered as if he had only one eye....one time he was hypnotized by a psychiatrist and interestingly enough he was given the order to relax his mind, guess what!! he started seeing out of that eye

you can google all these stories

YES YES YES YOURE ANXIOUS AND ANXIETY IS RUINING YOUR LIFE, TURN ON THAT COMPUTER ALREADY! DO IT FOR YOUE OWN GOOD!

• Like Like x 1
    17. tinnitussufferer
      Angry

tinnitussufferer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2004
      Lymph nodes do not swell for no reason. They usually go down after the infection. But only the person knows if they are swollen because only they know if they have increased. How would the doctor know if its increased if he hasnt checked them before? I was told they werent swollen by many gps and ENT. They were wrong

18. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Lisa Robinson
      Depressed

Lisa Robinson Member

Tinnitus Since:
      19/09/2013
      Well that was a doctor in australia that knew that so im not there and wont know. A nurse over a week ago said they were slightly. Ent yesterday checked them said they were fine, he mentioned there had been an infection before.

19. tinnitussufferer
      Angry

tinnitussufferer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2004
      Can I ask if you actually have ringing in your ears or is it pulsatile? Because I have just read your post that your tinnitus is almost gone and I know that this is extremely rare for most people who have ringing in their ears. And I would be surprised if your ringing had miraculously gone away after so many months. Many of us here have to endure this for a lifetime. I have suffered from it for several years.

20. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Lisa Robinson
      Depressed

Lisa Robinson Member

Tinnitus Since:
      19/09/2013
      Its there, it hasnt completely gone. Ive had it year and half already. Its just very quiet which means i can manage it better.

21. tinnitussufferer
      Angry

tinnitussufferer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2004
      yeh but is it ringing? what frequency?

22. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Lisa Robinson
      Depressed

Lisa Robinson Member

Tinnitus Since:
      19/09/2013
      Its not ringing its like a hissing or seashell sound. Thats how it was when i first got it. Frequency i dont know @tinnitussufferer

@conbsgc i did hard excercise last week and legs still ache after 4 days :( very reatless too. I cant really work it out if thats anxiety. Get some twitches too. When i read ages ago exercising taking ages to stop aching was a sign of something. Dr google is horrible.

23. tinnitussufferer
      Angry

tinnitussufferer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2004
      have you ever had ringing even for a short while?

24. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Lisa Robinson
      Depressed

Lisa Robinson Member

Tinnitus Since:
      19/09/2013
      Yeah ive had ringing. Whys that anyway?

25. tinnitussufferer
      Angry

tinnitussufferer Member

Tinnitus Since: