Hearing Changes, Seemingly Randomly?

Discussion in 'Support' started by JurgenG, Jan 2, 2018.

1. JurgenG
      Approved

JurgenG Member Benefactor Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise exposure / headphone accident maybe?
      Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone had the same, I've had tinnitus for a little over a year, but recently it's gotten much better (knock on wood), I do still have my "bad" days, don't we "all".

Except tinnitus, I've got self-inflicted hyperacusis (due to overprotecting.)

There is just something I notice, I feel like my hearing is a bit worse these days. I know this because I always listen to music when I am on the computer, and I feel like I need to put it a little bit louder than usual.

My tinnitus didn't change (I think).

I've been near people at NYE, but had no loud encounters, certainly nothing harmful (I used ample protection).

I did hit my ear a quite a few times with my earplug in, but I am pretty sure it's something else, my tinnitus would be spiking otherwise I guess.

Does anyone know what the reason is? The obvious things are impacted earwax and so on, but might there be another reason (except for new hearing-damage)?

I feel like I need to equalize a lot though, so might it be a pressure thing?

Also, I noticed that in the morning my hearing is quite a bit better than in the evening (I've noticed this a long time ago.)

2. Strawberryblonde
      Chowing

Strawberryblonde Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      1st mild (6/12/2015) mild-mod (3/5/2022)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      HEADPHONES/TMJ/ETD/SINUSES/AMITRIPTYLINE one of them???
      This is a really old thread.

I've also noticed this. Be it listening to the TV or music, I find myself turning things up even though the day before everything sounded perfect (same volume). Some nights are also the same, one night my masking sounds sound lower and the next night sound just right and can be heard very clearly even though the volume has stayed the same.

Looking back, I've had this on and off for years but have just gotten used to it, causing no worry.