Hearing Experiment — Can You Talk on the Phone and Hear the TV at the Same Time?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Juan, Feb 6, 2019.

?

Can you talk on the phone and hear the TV at the same time (both set to same volume)?

1. Yes, easily

2. Yes, but having some difficulties

3. No, not really

Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. Juan

Juan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
      Hi all,

I wanted to check if you guys can do this and let me know the result; it is a very simple test: can you talk on the phone (on your ear) and hear the TV at the same time (through the other ear or even the same ear when you are talking on the phone), understanding both what is said on the phone (not on speaker mode) and on TV?

Both phone and TV have to be set at similar volume levels, not one a lot louder than the other. The phone would be on your ear and TV is just in the same room, at the normal distance you watch TV.

I wanted to check this because this is something I could do with no problem at all and lately it is like sounds overlap and get mixed, and it is very hard or impossible to follow track and understand everything. My guess is my hearing got worse and I am having a hard time to understand speech in noise, conversations that overlap etc.

Thanks in advance for your input!