Hearing Feels Reduced...

Discussion in 'Support' started by Mand b, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Mand b

Mand b Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/10
      Lately mainly today my hearing as felt reduced its a feeling like you get when you have a cold like your ears feel stuffy and a bit more distant. I have been getting on and off pressure and a feeling as if something is in there. Everytime i plug my ear with my finger its wet but ENT on Monday said all looked clear and healthy but the deaf ear was a little wet but its the right my good ear that I am experiencing all this in and yet he found nothing. He did say I have a little bit of Menieres but I will look to get a second opinion on that or more tests to make sure. I keep feeling nauseous and felt dizzy today when been in the car I had to come home because the car moving made it feel worse but when I am at home and sitting down or even walking about I dont notice it. And also got raging T at the moment not the worst I have had it but still bad and feels worse because of my stuffy ear it feels warm but doesn't to touch. I am obviously concerned because only hearing in one ear anyway. I think if one symptom subsided I would feel much better about it all. I think the one concerning me mainly is the stuffy ear because I've never really had it before unless had a cold which I do not have. Anyone had this before and what is it? Will it settle down that stuffy ear feeling? Its making me feel sick and also with worry. Thank you for the responses in advance.x

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi @Mand b,
      With menieres,you can get ear pressure and fullness and pain and fluctuating hearing loss and dizziness and bouncy vission and can make you a bit out of sorts in a car.
      A worry with unilateral hearing.
      Sadly I carnt drive no more .....lots of love glynis xxx

• Hug Hug x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mand b

Mand b Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/10
      Hi Glynis how are you feeling now? Have you private messaged me? I can see I have a message but can not open it and been having difficulty getting on this site its taking ages to load or not at all so not getting to read much on here. Hmm this is all new to me as I say I have never had ear fullness before only had any weird ear sensations when I have had an infection. My outer ear where I can touch is tender also. And keep feeling fluid everytime I touch. It is a worry but what can I do I guess its all down hill from here. I just hope I get some relief soon as surely the symptoms can't just be forever and continous, can understand with T but everything else? If only I could tell if this is a genuine hearing loss when T is around because its loud I find it hard to hear over but soon as its quiet/gone I hear fine. I think is it technically like having background noise and I struggle to catch on to everything but soon as go to a quieter area I hear better with being deaf in one ear this has always been the case so its probably no different to the T being loud and reduces what I can hear but soon as its quiet I am fine. Trying to remain calm but today scared me I thought it was going to be my first v

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mand b

Mand b Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/10
      Hi Glynis how are you feeling now? Have you private messaged me? I can see I have a message but can not open it and been having difficulty getting on this site its taking ages to load or not at all so not getting to read much on here. Hmm this is all new to me as I say I have never had ear fullness before only had any weird ear sensations when I have had an infection. My outer ear where I can touch is tender also. And keep feeling fluid everytime I touch. It is a worry but what can I do I guess its all down hill from here. I just hope I get some relief soon as surely the symptoms can't just be forever and continous, can understand with T but everything else? If only I could tell if this is a genuine hearing loss when T is around because its loud I find it hard to hear over but soon as its quiet/gone I hear fine. I think is it technically like having background noise and I struggle to catch on to everything but soon as go to a quieter area I hear better with being deaf in one ear this has always been the case so its probably no different to the T being loud and reduces what I can hear but soon as its quiet I am fine. Trying to remain calm but today scared me I thought it was going to be my first v

5. glynis
      Feminine

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi @Mand b,
      Yes I sent you a pm like you asked for with my phone number on for you.
      When your tinnitus is loud and got the fullness your hearing will be down till your tinnitus settles and know for you only having one good ear wont be a nice thing.
      Try not to worry over the Menieres symptoms as you might not get them all as know they can make you anxious as they did for me Googling menieres up at early onset.

My ears are still being naughty monkeys giving me a hard time but trying my best to stay positive .

Are you taking any medication for the Dizziness Amanda ?....lots of love glynis xxx

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mand b

Mand b Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/10
      H Glynis thank you I will keep trying to access the message. I know what you mean its like I am obssessed all over again googling everything. I don't just miss my old life I miss life in general because theres so much I want to do but can't because I know I am never going to feel normal. I feel like I just wanna be on my own and not see anyone because I have nothing to offer and all it will do is bring people down around me having to put up with me and all this. Has your vertigo stopped now? Well yesterday I started taking the serc again which the doctor hasn't said to do but I need to try something although doubt it will do anything for me like previously. Im considering giving up my course because of this because I can't get by doing a full day in placement every week with this dizziness then adding loud T is just impossible.x

7. glynis
      Feminine

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi Mand b,
      Ears still at it the monkeys.
      I take serc and Proclorperazine and been helping a lot till got this extra problem.
      You can get Priclorperazine over the counter and Buccastem that is a lower dose of Proclorperazine that goes under your top lip.

I know how you feel Amanda and you have to push every day stay happy and not let tinnitus and Menieres take over your life.
      Might be worth asking about your placement if their is any additional support for you to put in place to help you.
      This could be reduced hours for you and extra course time too with exams etc...lots of love glynis