Hearing Loss and Tinnitus/Perforated Eardrum and Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by Kritish Gooriah, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Kritish Gooriah
      Buzzed

Kritish Gooriah Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ear surgery acoustic trauma tmj ETD
      Hi,

July 2015: I have a perforated eardrum and I haven't got tinnitus. March and April 2017: i have a perforated eardrum and i have a problem on one of my ossicles, I haven't got tinnitus.

June 2017: I have a ear surgery for my eardrum and my ossicle, I ask to the ENT surgeon if I can use a headphone on my another ear, he told me yes. I have noise in my ear but for my ENT, it's normal and a doctor told me: "don't use headphones". I have problem in this ear (inflammation, blood in my ear), he gave me ototoxic ear drops 2 times (1/just after my surgery 2/end of June) and I don't use headphones and the noise disappears, when I found my hearing. I have cold. Beginning of July: my jaw crack. I have cold. Mild of July 2017: I have buzzing in my ear, after a using of electric toothbrush and a long journey for the birthday of the child of my sister, the buzzing gone, but I use headphone, on my another ear, after have to ask in my ENT. End of July 2017: I have a new perforated eardum on the same ear with permanent tinnitus, ear fullness, hearing loss. Today: my tinnitus disappears at times but just for only a few seconds and I have the feeling of a changeable of the sound of my tinnitus, my hearing is better.

I have two questions: sensorineural hearing loss don't cause tinnitus systematically? My brain was able to adapt on my new hearing in air conduction and the new perforated eardrum can be the only cause of my tinnitus?

2. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      What ear drops did he give you?

Correct. Hearing loss doesn't always trigger Tinnitus.

There can be many causes for your T. A perforated ear drum is a possibility, but you have a history of issues with your ears so it may be something different.

3. Ambassador
      Cool

Ambassador Member

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      High frequency hearing loss and lifetime noise exposure
      With your history, I would get rid of the headphones.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kritish Gooriah
      Buzzed

Kritish Gooriah Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hi,

He gave me "polydexa" and "ciloxadex". I don't wear headphones, since July. My new ENT close my eardrum and clean my middle ear, the last week, i got my fingers crossed.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kritish Gooriah
      Buzzed

Kritish Gooriah Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      update: i saw my ENT, my new eardrum is good but not totally heal, my hearing is normal, for him, it's too soon for a diagnosis for my tinnitus and for medicine for my tinnitus (with my surgery, maybe i can recover of my tinnitus), but i think, he is optimistic, he told me, i shall have more than small tinnitus constraints, i hope a disappearance of my tinnitus.

And with the new researchs, maybe, he want to wait for give me a treatment.

6. Yas

Yas Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/11/19
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Perforated eardrum
      I would love to hear an update from you. How is your ear? Has your tinnitus gone?