Hearing Programme on BBC

Discussion in 'Awareness & Fundraising' started by Sam Bridge, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Sam Bridge

Sam Bridge Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music/gigs probably
      Hey all

I was watching the one show earlier and they were promoting a health series that is currently running on the BBC. Tomorrow (Tuesday 25th) they are having a show specializing on hearing. From the clip they showed they tested the hearing of a youngish man who wears headphones and goes to concerts a lot, they tested his hearing and from what they described I believe he had some mild loss. No mention of T in the clip but I am sure there will be in the full show.

Will just tag those of you that I know are in the UK :)

@Michael Leigh , @Ed209, @Candy, @glynis

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p050rqdc

• Informative Informative x 1
    2. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
    3. Michael Leigh

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      @Sam Bridge I notice the young women in the video clip think it's very funny listening to music through headphones at high volume levels. One listens for two hours a day at over 90db. She won't be laughing so much, when her ears start to ring and won't stop!

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sam Bridge

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music/gigs probably
      On the one show the clip was of a guy going to concerts and listening regularly at around 95db. He mentioned coming home deaf from concerts but it would soon go back to normal after a day or so. I sighed and face palmed, I assume they will tell him of the dangers of what he is doing. Just goes to show the lack of awareness and there are many people like this, I know because I was just like them.

5. Michael Leigh

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      I was one of them too @Sam Bridge and just didn't know I was causing harm.

• Hug Hug x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sam Bridge

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music/gigs probably
      Well I just watched it and to be honest it was quite disappointing. No one they tested had tinnitus and they only mentioned it as the typical concert tinnitus that goes away after a day or so, absolutely pointless..

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sam Bridge

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music/gigs probably
      • Like Like x 1
    8. Kelvin

Kelvin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Dental Work
      Makes me shiver to watch this...I was never a big headphone user but have been to literally hundreds of rock concerts. If it wants loud it was a disappointment. Now I know :( You cant tell the young...would our younger selves have listened ? :headphone:

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sam Bridge

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music/gigs probably
      Well i am 28 and rock concerts did it for me! One of the guys on there said he has quit a few years before he has to worry about his hearing, I think he said he listened to music at loud volumes as well. I did laugh when he said that, deary me.

• Agree Agree x 1
    10. Kelvin

Kelvin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Dental Work
      Im 50. Not sure what did it for me but Rock ( Muse, Carter USM, Slash, Radiohead ) may be partly to blame:sneaky:...didn't even notice T though until my tooth was filled.
      Odd...but then so is T. Maybe Rock 'laid the foundations' and the Dentist added the roof :LOL: In hindsight I wish I had let my tooth rot. Oh well it is what it is.

11. Paul10

Paul10 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress
      I see this on buses and whatnot, people blasting music on their earphones; I just want to pull them out for their sake! Very hard to convince people that it shouldn't be done though; most just probably think "meh if I get hearing loss, I'll just wear a hearing aid". T doesn't come into a lot of people's minds.

• Agree Agree x 1