Hearing Test App

Discussion in 'Support' started by Philip83, May 19, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. Philip83
      Jaded

Philip83 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise trauma from loud moped (2001) Noise blast (2014)
      With the risk of sounding like an endorsement, I'd like to let you know about a really great app that I found yesterday. It tests your hearing and gives you very detailed results, as well as creating an EQ -preset matched to your hearing loss that you can apply to your own music, to make it compensate for your lost frequencies (if you have any). It's really cool! (It's only for iOS it seems though, sorry Android users, although I'm sure there are alternatives on Google Play)

Also, I have to say the test itself seems very reliable, as it's almost exactly matching the results I got when doing a did my last test at an ENT. The "hearing age" -estimation is kind of fun, but no so much when you get my results at the age of 32 :(

Would be interesting if anyone with the possibility would post their results in this thread!

You can find it here:
      https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mimi-hearing-test/id932496645?mt=8

IMG_2636.jpg IMG_2637.jpg IMG_2638.jpg IMG_2639.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    2. Philip83
      Jaded

Philip83 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise trauma from loud moped (2001) Noise blast (2014)
      Their music app also includes a notch-function.

3. Pleasure_Paulie

Pleasure_Paulie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise..no idea.. unicorns?
      I agree! I've used this app and it's great. We just need to find an app now that tests above 8000khz.

4. Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Warehouse event after years of enjoying music.
      this app said my hearing is absolutely terrible and my audiograms show that I'm within normal limits. Not sure I trust it.

5. GregCA
      Frustrated

GregCA Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      I use this app regularly and it gives me a result that is very close to the audiograms I get from the audiologist.