Hello — ENT Thinks My Tinnitus Is from Nerve Damage Caused by a Virus

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Peter Shin, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Peter Shin

Peter Shin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      viral
      I just joined today. I've got tinnitus in my left ear. An ENT thought that it was nerve damage caused by a virus. The ringing is loud and continuous and after I took my last hearing test, they told me that if I had the same amount of ringing in my right ear, I would be considered deaf. Anyway, I'm looking forward to hearing what everyone has been doing to deal with the ringing. Thanks for letting me join.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. David077
      Creative

David077 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      stress, benzo/clonozepam + clonidine, maybe infection
      Why do your ENT think so? Was you sick before you got tinnitus or do you have any blood test results that indicate a virus that somehow linked to tinnitus?

3. Daniel Lion
      Ape-like

Daniel Lion Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise trauma, hearing loss
      Welcome Peter, I am Daniel.

The ringing drives me crazy...

I do exercise, I go to herbal saunas, and breathing exercises... mind you I am really bad at meditation... but it is really helpful.
      I gave up coffee... which I love... and drink home made ginger and garlic tea.
      It’s good for the blood pressure.

I try and stay busy and distracted but struggle with what I call brain fog... I think the fog will get better even if my tinnitus doesn’t.

There are some new treatments many members are excited about that may help you.

My ears are shot from noise damage, I really don’t know much about your case so I can only recommend a good diet, exercise, and hug your loved ones as much as possible... that will really help.

Best of luck, and let us know how you're progressing
      Daniel

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Do you have an audiogram you can post? (feel free to blank out any personal info)