Hello All, New Here and to Tinnitus... Wondering If It Will Go Away or Not?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by JagdReaper, Jun 15, 2019.

1. JagdReaper
      Worried

JagdReaper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music - Noise Damage
      Hello all, I'm 32 years old and my name is Ryan.

I've been suffering from tinnitus for roughly two weeks now, very likely due to loud music exposure. Stupidly a lot of my life (teens & 20's) I loved my music very loud, but the last 3-4 years I've not got quite as crazy with the volume. But the night before it started I was drinking and most apparently had the music up too loud again. The next day when I woke up it was barely noticeable and I figured it'd just go away on its own if I kept things low for a while. But by the third day the tinnitus volume went from a constant mostly ignorable 1-2 volume level to a constant 3-4 with spikes throughout the day 5-8 and even worse waking up. I have had some pockets of hope where it gets very low and once or twice for about 20-30 minutes seemed to be completely gone before returning.

After about a week of dealing with it and accepting it's likely not going to be a quick fix, I went to my family doctor who seems to think it's just some moderate ear congestion and told me to get decongestant pills/nasal spray. I've been using them a few days now and they seem to be helping very little if any at all... I'm also trying TRP Ring Relief drops which helps a very slightly with the volume but does seem to lower the pitch quite a bit for a few hours. I'm think I'm going schedule an appointment with an audiologist next week and get a second opinion.

I truly salute long term sufferers, only two weeks in with mine and I feel like just banging my head against the wall until it stops lol. Enjoying music seems impossible now, which is extremely depressing because music is one of the few things I truly love and enjoy.

I know everyone's tinnitus is different, but how likely or unlikely is mine to go away with time and care?

2. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      Hi @JagdRepear -- I think the likelihood of your prospects for improvement is reflected in your below comment:

I think you should be very encouraged that you're getting these kinds of temporary remissions. When you mention "time and care", I think both of these are going to be critical. From what I can gather from numerous posts on this forum, you've likely have accumulated damage to your ears, and it finally manifested at this time with tinnitus. So you're going to have to take extra precautios with your ears for the rest of your life. But I really do think your prospects for improvements are very good. -- Best...

• Like Like x 1
    3. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      @JagdReaper -- You may want to consider doing some reflexology on your ears points. After my onset of tinnitus, I noticed the areas on my hands that correlate with the ears were incredibly tender, even almost painful to the touch. I started working on them regularly and the tenderness dissipated significantly over the next few days. Here's a chart, from THIS SITE. -- The insides of my little finger and ring finger was unbelievably tender.

rightpalm.jpg

• Like Like x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    4. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      • Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JagdReaper
      Worried

JagdReaper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      So glad to hear that there's a fairly good chance it will improve and or go away! :) I'll definitely be taking a lot better care of my hearing after this. I learned my lesson albeit the hard way.

Never heard of reflexology before, but I'll definitely try it and thanks for the link to that thread it answered a lot of my questions.

• Like Like x 1
    6. JohnFox

JohnFox Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown. Sudden loss of 100% hearing R ear with Tinnitus
      Go away completely? Uh, really hard to say. A real chance that there will be some degree of T remaining, BUT.., if you take this very seriously now and guard your ears, IMHO there is a great chance it will fade to a very tolerable level over time. Most men who have been around the block a few times have at least some degree of tinnitus. It is the world we live in. Most of it is not life altering (like mine is).

Music? Yea, I get it. Most of us enjoy music, and hey, if a little volume is good, more is better, right? Nope. The thing is, our ears are strategically designed just right to be able to enjoy and tolerate all the noises that nature provides. They were NOT designed to withstand us covering them with technically advanced music headphones and then seeing how loud we can play rock music for a couple of hours, or sitting 4 feet in front of some amped up stage speaker. Our human skin is only designed to be able to withstand a certain degree of temperature before it will burn and leave permanent scars. The same is with our ears. Too much heat will cause burns.

• Like Like x 1
    7. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      Did he/she know you had a history of loud noise abuse harming your ears?

Ring Relief is homeopathy and homeopathy is a pseudoscience that has been repetively debunked. It does not do anything for tinnitus and may be a scam.

8. Mymlan

Mymlan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      You don’t really know this. There is a chance to recover completely, and many did. Please don’t be that pessimistic here, especially when this is new to someone who is really scared and struggling. I remember that you wrote something familiar on my very first post recently, also in my now most acute status.

• Like Like x 2
    9. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      You are talking about the "can hear it only in quiet rooms" stage. It is still (after all of those months reading the posts on this forum) not clear to me what fraction of people who reach that stage end up hearing silence again.

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JagdReaper
      Worried

JagdReaper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      i'd definitely take and be happy with it being tolerable level and yea i'm taking this very seriously no more blaring music/headphone for me ever.

yea i mentioned to him i had blared music alot when i was younger and still on occasion, but when he looked in my ears he said he seen some signs of moderate congestion and it that it was likely the cause. Yesterday and so far today the ringing has dropped in volume to a 1-2 with a couple 3-6 spikes (mostly in the left ear) and also changed from a buzz/ring to more of a swoosh sound with the occasional ring. So i'm still holding out a sliver of hope that it is at least in part congestion and the meds are finally working. Regardless of what it is though i'm going to be taking much better care of my hearing from now on.

Yea the ring relief did little or nothing help won't be wasting any more money on that crap.