Hello All!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by idkwhattodo, Sep 3, 2017.

1. idkwhattodo

idkwhattodo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/2/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hello all,

My ears have been ringing since yesterday night out of the blue. It is a constant static sound in both years and is bothering me when I want to read something or watch something. I am going to see my doctor this friday, but I was wondering if one can get habituated to this. I really hope this is not permanent, but the constant sound has been very distracting. I am 24 years old. I do not have any symptoms of cough or cold, nor did I attend any concerts past week. I do have one new cartilage piercing but I would not suspect that it would cause the constant buzz in my ear. I am a little stressed out about this and was wondering if you all could guide me through it.

Thanks!

2. threefirefour
      Peeping tom

threefirefour Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      5/15/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      140dB B R U H moment
      Hey there. In my opinion, try to get to the doctor as soon as you can and get a prescription for prednislone. If you can reschedule for an earlier appointment date. In the meantime use masking noises. Statistically it makes it more likely to go away. Good luck.

3. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Your tinnitus might be due to sudden deafness. If it is, this is a medical emergency.

You might want to go to the emergency, show a printout of
      http://www.masseyeandear.org/for-pa...ation/diseases-and-conditions/sudden-deafness
      to the doctor and try to get the doctor to prescribe prednisone.

Most cases of tinnitus resolve within the first month.

Now that you have tinnitus, your ears had been compromised. You might want to avoid moderately loud noises like that of a vacuum cleaner or blender.

4. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      Cartilige piercings on the side or top of the ear could cause infection because there's a lack of blood flow to that part of the outer ear.

5. Kolisar
      No Mood

Kolisar Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      birth?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      • Like Like x 1