Hello, Everyone — Suddenly Noticed Ringing in my Right Ear a Couple of Weeks Ago

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Marmot, May 12, 2022.

1. Marmot
      Anime

Marmot Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi!

I'm a 21 year-old guy from Sweden who got tinnitus a couple of weeks ago. I'm not entirely sure what caused it. I just sort of suddenly noticed that it was ringing in my right ear. I already knew that having your volume too high can be dangerous, so I always kept it just high enough for me to hear things clearly, but alas; I have been cursed anyway.

I think I'm very lucky to have very mild tinnitus compared to what others have described here. It usually only bothers me when it's quiet, like in my room. I can often forget about it when I'm outdoors or when I'm listening to music or am interested and distracted by something. Still annoying when I do hear it, though. Sleeping isn't a problem either, thankfully.

I joined to see what others are saying and to keep up with research developments in the hopes of a treatment being found.

Hope y'all have a great day/evening. :cool:

• Like Like x 2
    2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. If currently you find tinnitus annoying, then you may try to have some masking sounds around you in those situations. You can download many free apps for tinnitus masking and play them with a Bluetooth speaker. Try not use headphone for extended masking as that can worsen tinnitus. Best wishes and God bless.

• Useful Useful x 1
    3. benjd2016
      Irritated

benjd2016 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      May
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Unilateral tinnitus = SSHL usually. Steroids ASAP if it happens again in the other ear as it happened to me.