Hello Everyone! Noise-Induced Tinnitus Sufferer for About 16 Years

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Jaymz, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Jaymz

Jaymz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Hello everyone. I've had tinnitus for about 16 years. Noise induced. There were a few times where it got bad then better. Up until about 3 weeks ago, it's gotten worse. Very mild hyperacusis, with the second tones a bit louder in both ears. It's depressing, stressing and debilitating. It's hard for me to stay asleep, 4-6 hours. Although I'm able to get back to sleep and sleep for another 4-6 hours. I feel Melatonin helps a bit.

When I yawn or open my mouth wide I hear slight crackling noise. Is that something I should be worried about?

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. JohnFox

JohnFox Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown. Sudden loss of 100% hearing R ear with Tinnitus
      First of all, sorry to hear about your Tinnitus. Since you have had it for 16 years, you probably have learned how to live with it more or less. The yawning thing that gives you crackling noises sounds like a lot of stories I have heard in here. My T increases when I clench my teeth. It's probably pretty normal. Your difficulty in sleeping just may have more to do with your stress and depression rather than directly from the Tinnitus. I have very significant Tinnitus (loud hissing, static noise), yet I am able to sleep pretty well. I have pretty much given up on ever seeing my T decrease in volume and I have come into full acceptance. Thus, most of my energy is spent on bringing my stress level down along with not allowing myself to fall into depression. I am older, so this may be more attainable with myself than others who haven't had as many life experiences. Lets face it, the Tinnitus is simply a noise inside of our heads. Its the stress and depression that accompanies it that makes our lives miserable. Tinnitus, stress, depression. One of those things I have absolutely no control over. The other two I do. Easy? No. But that's the road I am on. Lowering the stress and thus lowering the depression. I could write a few pages on things I do to help myself achieve that goal but there is already a lot of information out there on dealing with stress and depression. That's how I roll...

• Like Like x 3
    3. Tweedleman
      Depressed

Tweedleman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown/Noise
      I've got this too, seems to be common with noise damaged ears. Mine crackle when I swallow. And my eardrum twitches to certain pitches. The consensus seems to be it's not doing any damage but it's still annoying as hell.

4. Bartoli

Bartoli Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2009,worsened 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Have this too. I don't know if I had it before. My tinnitus might've made me more aware of it.

5. martin81

martin81 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2020 02 01
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise trauma
      I got my t 2 feb this year in a night club can hear it in my head but the last days it has moved to my left ear wich also is sensitiwe to noise and i also have a little ringing in that ear that i can hear when i put my ear against my pillow at night.
      But today morning the t was mor low thant usual in my head am i having a god day or might the t starting to go away.
      I also react to certain sounds like tv driving my car running water and wind.