Hello, Fellow Tinnitus Sufferers!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by RawrrMarisa, Apr 10, 2017.

1. RawrrMarisa

RawrrMarisa Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      My name is Marisa and I'm 22 years old. It's taken me crazy research to find out what has been bothering me for the last 6 months. I have concluded I have pulsating tinnitus. And I have no idea why. I lay here while I write this with crazy anxiety. The sound is so loud and it never goes away in my right ear.

I went and seen an ENT who gave me an MRI and found nothing. Prescribed me a allergy spray, thinking it was allergies. It didn't help and I haven't seen him since. Although, now realizing what I actually have, maybe I could go back with that information.

I need support right now. With college and trying to start my life, I'll admit I have been very stressed. And I feel no one understands the stress alone that this tinnitus causes.

I'm hoping I can find the cause and a cure/remedy. If I can at least get the sound to be quieter, I'd be happy.

Also, I'm so happy to have found this form. I hope I can become a part of this family and we can all find answers ❤

2. ryan1234
      No Mood

ryan1234 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unsure
      @RawrrMarisa

Firstly, I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. I sincerely hope that things get better for you soon. I think it might be a good idea to limit the amount of research you do on tinnitus. I understand what you are going through and am guilty myself of endlessly researching tinnitus, partially in order to see if what is causing mine is something that is easily curable. Unfortunately, only a good doctor can provide that information if your tinnitus has a clear cause, which it may not.

Also, it is important to consider who exactly you are getting your information from. The type of person who would post on a website like this or a similar one about their tinnitus is somebody who is clearly very bothered by and aware of their condition. For many people it is possible that their tinnitus either goes away or fades into something they barely focus any attention on. However, rarely will these people be posting online about their experience due to the fact that tinnitus is not on their mind regularly. I just mention this to potentially make you feel better if you have been reading people's horror story experiences with their tinnitus.

One thing that could be helpful is the steroid prednisone, but if you have been experiencing this for six months already then it may not have an effect on you. Be aware that the more you focus on your tinnitus, the more you will hear it. I know it is something you have probably heard/read before, but it is truly best to do all you can to focus your attention on other things. This will lead you to at least be less bothered by the tinnitus, due to the fact that anxiety can worsen the tinnitus symptoms.

Another possible aid for now at least could be a sound machine or fan. This is again something you have probably heard/read before but I personally find my sound machine and fan very helpful. Obviously, if you are sitting in a silent room the ringing will be very obvious, but it will be less so if you have soothing rain sounds or a fan in the background.

Lastly, if after trying all this you still feel that you are suffering severe anxiety it could be helpful to try to get an anti-anxiety medication. Potentially clonazepam or something similar. This would ideally only be used as needed considering it can be addictive if you use it daily.

Stay strong and recognize there are many people in similar situations to you that do find relief in the long term. Do your best to take things one day at a time.

• Hug Hug x 1
    3. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @RawrrMarisa ,
      Welcome the Tinnitus Talk.
      I was wondering if you have had a recent hearing test ?
      If your hearing is down in that ear you could be picking up the sound from your carotid artery!
      For some people blood pressure can cause it when more active can hear it more .
      I think a Doppler scan might need to be done also to check your vascular system.

A lady at our tinnitus support group was put on a mild beta blocker and given hearing aids for her 40 % hearing loss and copes well now than when she got it .
      Keep posting for support,

Love glynis

4. Scared111

Scared111 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      do you hear whoosh whoosh? can u stop the sound if you press anywhere on your neck around ur ear? or do u hear a higher pitch sound matching your heartbeat?

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      RawrrMarisa

RawrrMarisa Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thank you! And yes I have!
      I was told that my hearing is fine. That was only probably 4 months ago. Was thinking of going back.
      Yes, there is a wooshing sound that matches up with my heart beat. And when I push on the right side of my neck which is the same ear that has this problem, it almost completely goes away. What does this mean?

@ryan1234

Thank you for your support :)

• Like Like x 1
    6. James
      No Mood

James Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Pulsing 03/2013
      Hi @RawrrMarisa

I'd say really take care of your sleeping habits and Stress. Take time to rest, do things primal for you.
      I hope your get better. I hate Tinnitus. There are good days and bad.

• Like Like x 1
    7. DebbieC954

DebbieC954 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I'm not completely sure where my tinnitus comes from either, but I think it might have to do with my time in clubs with loud music. I found that vitamin supplements helped reduce my ringing. I'm always looking for remedies, but the more research I do, the more I realize there is no cure, only coping mechanisms. There are sound tools that help, like white noise and some people report hearing ads help because they have to train themselves to focus on specific sounds and it takes the attention away from sounds related to tinnitus. As I mentioned before though, vitamin supplements really did the trick for me. It wasn't overnight, took about 2 months, but now that I take them regularly, the noise is tolerable. Look into finding the right supplement for you. I use is Lipo-flavonoid, but there are many out there. Good luck!

8. RobertFahey

RobertFahey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe sinus infection
      Update, Marisa?