Hello from VA

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by markanthony, May 21, 2016.

1. markanthony

markanthony Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Greetings my name is Markanthony I'm a 40 year old truck driver from Virginia. I have been suffering with what I believe to be tinnitus for the last two-and-a-half months. I have on and off over the years heard ringing in my ears typically would go away within a couple of minutes. But two and a half months ago after work one night I was sitting on the couch relaxing playing a video game and the ringing in my ears started. It is not very loud but it is constant a high-pitched ring I can change the audible tone In My Head by moving my jaw forward side to side or turning my head from side to side or forward and back sometimes if I yawn deeply it will get louder but after the yawn it goes almost quiet. I have heard talk of stress induced tinnitus due to muscle tension or misalignment of the upper cervical spine I've been looking into some physical therapy sessions or massage for my neck shoulders and face or visiting a chiropractor anybody else have any insight or things I should try thanks in advance

2. Cityjohn
      Inspired

Cityjohn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5:10 PM 03/02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Scombroid food poisoning.
      Hey Markanthony, welcome to the forum. And sorry to see you here..

If your tinnitus is somatic a chiropractor is a good place to start. A trip to an infra red sauna wouldn't go amiss either I think.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      markanthony

markanthony Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Of course given that this is just occurred it is undiagnosed but from everything I've researched I would like to believe it somatic I have not heard of the infrared sauna but I will look to see if there's one local to me. I also have been told somatic tinnitus can be caused by extreme stress which over the last 6 months I have been under a tremendous amount thank you for your response and suggestions

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      markanthony

markanthony Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Any other suggestions are things I can try