Hello. I Have Pulsating Tinnitus Now for 5 Years. 24/7 Non-Stop! Have Resorted to Xanax

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Sharon loulou, Jun 26, 2018.

1. Sharon loulou

Sharon loulou Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8 /1 / 2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Any one else have pulsating tinnitus? Only thing that helps me sleep is Xanax. And I hate taking it. It’s been 5 years!

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. We do have a pulsatile tinnitus support forum. So if you don't have enough response here, perhaps try to post in that forum. Our notable member @Karen may be able to answer some of your questions on PT as she has had this condition for years. Good luck. Take care. God bless.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Hi, @Sharon loulou,

I have pulsatile tinnitus, too, and have had it for 8 years now. Mine started after taking a blood pressure drug for the first time. For me, the passage of time has helped, and learning how to live with this condition. I have learned to live my life as normally as possible, and try to stay out of quiet places whenever possible!

Do you have any idea what might have caused yours to begin? Do you have any other symptoms beside the pulsating?
      It might be a good idea to have your doctor perform some tests, if you haven't already done so, in order to rule out any specific conditions.

I have found that calming supplements have been helpful, such as magnesium, and L-theanine. I take L-theanine every day (1 to 3 capsules per day), and magnesium glycinate at night, about an hour before bedtime. These are by no means a cure, but they do help me to cope with the pulsating, and to get some much-needed sleep. Sleep is really helpful in keeping the pulsating as calm as possible.

I hope you are having a good day, and would like to hear about how you are doing.

Best wishes,
      Karen

• Like Like x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sharon loulou

Sharon loulou Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8 /1 / 2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      The only med I take is Diltiazem for tackycardia. It’s where the heart speeds up. Sometimes it can make me very depressed because sleep is hard if they are ringing very loud and see if the tackycardia is acting up then I hear each heart beat faster. Plus get pvcs once in a while too. I think it started just before the tackycardia started. 5 years ago aug. no one seems to want to help. It’s like a whoosh sound to every heart beat. No ent doc seems to care but my primary doc has finally gonna send me for a mri if my veins around my ears. They could be kinked I have read . Hope to get relief soon. I do take magnesium, haven’t tried the other you mentioned. L- theanine Maybe I will look it up and give it a try. I have no other med issues. No high blood pressure no cholesterol or sugar just the tackycardia and pulsating tinnitus. All doc s want to do is put me on antidepressants! Like I said I do have Xanax. But doc has switched me to kholipin, says it’s not as addictive and last longer. It has helped. But I want to get to the bottom of it. And get it fixed. Very life changing. I hate it. I am 63 years old today . July 12. I pray all the time for the Lord to send me help with this pulsating tinnitus. That would be a big blessing for me. Please write me back Karen !

• Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1