Hello I'm a Newbie

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by SuzyZ, Jul 21, 2014.

1. SuzyZ
      Depressed

SuzyZ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2014
      Hello everyone. I'm a newbie I have tinnitus as a result of an ear infection 6 weeks ago. I'm still in the hiding stage as my anxiety levels are through the roof. I am feeling a little better this week and think I will go back to work next week as I'm so bored at home!
      I am a keen runner and read that running makes T worse does any one have any thoughts here?
      Thank you
      Suzy

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Hello Suzy.
      I do a lot of long distance running myself, i guess everyone is different when it comes to T and exercie. Mine flares up during and directly after. Use to settle down after a while. The benefits from it is Worth every Little temporay increase.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      SuzyZ
      Depressed

SuzyZ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2014
      Thank you Nick
      Yes I agree better to keep fit and yes is only temporary. This is a great site and has been such a comfort to me.
      Best wishes and happy running :)

• Like Like x 1
    4. jimH
      Caffeine

jimH Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      30 years+
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      SuzyZ
      Depressed

SuzyZ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2014
    6. Thank you Suzy.

Remember that a lot of people writing their thoughts and feelings about T is in the early stages like you, lots of negativity. The ones that moved on don´t often post about it. My advice that i sadly didn´t follow in my own beginning would be, gather the information you need and then move on. Reading about T and focus to much on it will do no good.

And finally.. Remeber that whatever you read on the net, you are not guilty to feel anxiety when having T. It´s very easy to get that feeling when reading around. Life is liveable even with T.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      SuzyZ
      Depressed

SuzyZ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2014
      Thank you Nick I will get there I'm determined for my sake and for my family. Best wishes to you and thank you for your support and encouragement it is really appreciated
      Big hug to you :)