Hello I'm an Old Sailor (Airdale) That Worked the Flight Deck for Many Years

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Fxdiz57, Mar 22, 2018.

1. Fxdiz57
      Amused

Fxdiz57 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Working on the flight deck of aircraft carriers
      I was in the Navy for 30 years, most of it around jets. Due to the time I spent on the flight deck and flight line I developed tinnitus and hearing loss I'm here hoping that someone had found some relief from the ringing in their ears and I can benefit from it!

• Like Like x 1
    2. monkey legs

monkey legs Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1991 (Low level). Worse Dec 2017 to Now
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear injury (paintball) 1991. 2017 > Onwards Cause? Not sure.
      Hello there!

I have had quite bad Tinnitus now for 3 months, and to say the least its a pain in the ass and a big struggle. Only things that I have found to ease it a bit are walking, watching TV and the computer.

If you have some hearing loss, there are hearing aids which can mask or boost the ringing sound, you may get relief that way.

As I am early in my journey I am looking for answers myself.

All the very best to you.

Cheers.

3. Bigman1

Bigman1 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi,Fxdiz57,I have had severe tinnitus for 30 years 27/7 with no break. My only hope is in the Lord Jesus I implore you to come to the Lord .I can endure it like apostle Paul endured the thorn in his flesh. Go to a pentecostal church that is on fire for the Lord. It is the only answer. God bless you all. Ronnie.

4. dkota

dkota Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ED drugs
      If it gets too much to handle, go to the doctor. There are some drugs that do help. My tinnitus is as bad as it gets. I could not survive without the drugs my dr. has prescribed for me. I worked in aircraft for over 30 years. It's a good thing this started after I retired. I don't think I could work with this condition. I have a lot of empathy for the younger people that are supporting their families and living with tinnitus.