Hello My Dear Tinnitus Talk Members

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by glynis, Jul 28, 2019.

1. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Life for me has been tough the last few years, losing both parents and hubby.
      Life put me through massive changes due to the above, all this while dealing with severe tinnitus due to Meniere's Disease.
      I don't get much time on here due to taking a second job to support myself along with online training and in-house training along with doing my Care certificate NVQ.

Life is hard learning to live alone after 32 years of marriage going through a divorce after 32 years of marriage.

One thing has happened - my confidence and Zest for life taking care of people with Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, Brain damage, Schizophrenia, Huntington's etc and it truly puts my severe bilateral tinnitus to one side when I'm at work from 7pm to 12 midnight as well as my day job.
      Tinnitus due to Meniere's Disease continues to control my mood as well as a ongoing divorce at the moment.

One thing I know is we cannot sit still waiting for life to get better with tinnitus but to push hard in finding out what can make our life better.

I have two grandsons and one on the way.

I will always be around on here when I can, life has given me a new direction with my new job since March and I love every minute caring for some amazing people dealing with life's afflictions on them.

Love to @Markku and @Hazel who will always have my heart. Tinnitus Talk and Tinnitus Hub will do everything they can for you and will provide you with all the updates as soon as they get it.

Love to you all, especially to @Jazzer and @Nanny chocolate, as well as to a dear friend who we were both at fault for letting what brought us together push us apart... Wishing you much happiness always.

love glynis

• Hug Hug x 29
      • Good Question Good Question x 1
    2. Hazel
      Dreaming

Hazel Director Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      one-sided hearing loss (of unknown origin)
      Dearest @glynis, you have been the heart and soul of this forum for years and we hope to see you around for years to come.

You're always helping others, and staying positive in the midst of all your struggles; you're a true inspiration.

I'm so glad to hear you've found such fulfillment in your work. Really, there's nothing better than feeling like your life has purpose and meaning. Even when you're in pain and struggling.

We understand that you won't be able to be around as much, but don't forget about us! We certainly won't forget about you :huganimation:

Thank you for everything you've done for this community. This is not goodbye though (of course)!

:thankyousign:

• Like Like x 5
      • Agree Agree x 4
      • Hug Hug x 1
    3. bSiDeQuiEtWaTeRS
      Buzzed

bSiDeQuiEtWaTeRS Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4/1997
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      soundwaves, transformers, vibrations, sirens, decibels, life
      @glynis I've read a number of your posts over time...you always have words of encouragement and comfort for folks with T. You have clearly faced a lot of stuff. I can tell you are a very sweet person. Keep the sun shining in your mind and find a way to be rested and recharged so you can take care of all the people that need you.

• Like Like x 5
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
    4. arctic loon
      Dreaming

arctic loon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud music
      I'm so sorry you're struggling glynis. You're such a great person and have helped so many people on this site with your kind messages. Take time for yourself and remember to be kind to yourself as well. You're a hero, honestly. I hope things get even just a bit easier for you soon

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Like Like x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
    5. Candy

Candy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unidentified
      @glynis We met last year, I’ve thought about you a lot. The divorce I couldn’t believe... Knowing how tricky things were with your health, but you are getting through it.

Not seeing you on here I took it as a good sign, as if you were moving on and you have.

You strength will be an example to all of us. I am so proud of what you are achieving.

Your absence is noted on the forum and it’s not always a soft place to fall these days... So please know that the impact you made on here will have made lots of people’s journey better.

All the best and keep in touch...

xxx

• Like Like x 4
      • Agree Agree x 3
      • Hug Hug x 1
    6. Jazzer

Jazzer Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Dear Glynis
      - I want re-name you Mrs Kindness.
      For anybody like me who had to survive severe deprivation, kindness is everything.
      You win the top prize Mrs.

It was interesting for me to put faces to names at the Birmingham expo that time - but out of everybody there you were the one that I actually needed to see.
      I could virtually collapse into the arms of kindness - bloody hell Glynis - this is beginning to read like a
      ‘Mills & Boon’ romantic novel!
      (Hahaha...)

I know you understand what I mean.
      We always clicked and we always will.

I can’t help noticing that you still have the grace to refer to your errant husband with the affectionate term ‘hubby.’
      Amazing.

I wish you all the very best Glynis, and I just hope that life comes up with some really nice surprises that you will deserve so well.

Now I’ll leave you to clamber down off that pedestal I’ve put you on.
      (Don’t fall ‘arse over ‘ead’ or it’ll be my fault)

love to you Mrs Kindness

Dave x
      Jazzer

• Like Like x 6
      • Hug Hug x 3
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Thank you so much for all your lovely messages and meeting @Hazel, @Candy and you @Jazzer along with @Steve and another lady.

It was a day I will never forget promoting Tinnitus Talk and Tinnitus Hub at the Birmingham Expo. Never got to meet @Markku but never say never...

All my love,
      Glynis xxx

• Like Like x 5
    8. Phil-O

Phil-O Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      Hi Glynis.

Wish you all the very best, thanks for your help in the past, and for better times ahead.

Kind Regards Phil_O

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    9. Agatha

Agatha Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      @glynis it's so great to see you posting a little again!!!!!!! I love you.

Agatha

• Hug Hug x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    10. Bunny_Lover1230

Bunny_Lover1230 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5 months
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Tmj/chewing gum everyday for 3 months
      Hello Glynis I was wondering if you could maybe check out my post and see what you think? Thank you!

• Hug Hug x 1
    11. Kelvin

Kelvin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Dental Work
      @glynis
      Wishing you all the best and big thank-you for all that you have done for us all of us on this forum.
      You always approach with kindness and grace.
      You are indeed a lovely human and I hope life throws you plenty of special moments to come x

• Like Like x 3
      • Hug Hug x 1
    12. Daniel Lion
      Ape-like

Daniel Lion Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise trauma, hearing loss
      Thank you my dear.
      See you around.
      Good health, fortune, and happiness for you and your family.

• Hug Hug x 1
    13. Flamingo1

Flamingo1 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4-15-2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      @glynis Thank you for your contributions to this forum. Please stop by for a visit every now and then. We'll miss you! Best of luck, health and happiness.

14. Ed209

Ed209 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      @glynis, you have been sorely missed here as a voice of compassion and reason. I hope life has a lot more positivity in store for you as nobody deserves it more.

Take care of yourself.

• Hug Hug x 1
    15. MBH

MBH Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Overloaded stress
      To have you not here on Tinnitus talk, it's not the same. We feel something is missing and it's you. As they say pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get back to Tinnitus Talk. Part time works for us. Anyway, anything will do.

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    16. CamilleCR
      Alone

CamilleCR Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I'm sorry to read you're struggling so much. People who don't have tinnitus don't realize how it simply invades our lives and tries to destroy them.

Best of luck to you, and many blessings. I'm happy to meet you and everyone else here on the forum.

• Hug Hug x 1
    17. annV
      Fine

annV Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown - possibly hereditary
      Happy to have you join this beautifully tragic community of noisy ears :)

• Like Like x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1