Hello There ~

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by r_ve, Apr 20, 2015.

1. r_ve

r_ve Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      New Years Eve
      Hello,

I'm a 19 year old student from Bavaria, Germany and got my tinnitus for exactly 3 months and 20 days now. I registered here because I feel like I have to interact with other people who have the same problem.

I never had big issues with my ears, and I went out partying at New Years Eve, the music was very loud and some firecrackers exploded near my ears (around 2 metres away).... since then I've got a light beeping sound in my ears plus my left ear crackles everytime I swallow or yawn.... my right ear (where I hear the tinnitus most of the time) also crackles sometimes, but sometimes it's just blocked (like when you climb up a mountain and the pressure around you starts to change). I still haven't figured out when it exactly cracks and when not.

Well, this problem is concercing me ever since, one week (much too late, I know :( ) after I got it, I went to the doctor and he gave me cortisone tablets which didn't help anything. Every now and then I start taking magnesium for a few weeks because I read that it might help, but it did not (at least not much). Around 2 weeks ago, I also started taking ginkgo preparations and I feel like it has improved just slightly but I'm still not sure if I'm not just wishing it to improve ....

Well, this was my story, I hope I can get (maybe a little mental?) help here and share personal experience with others....

Best greetings,

Tobi :)

2. Jacobus

Jacobus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      ~05/2014
      Yo mate,

All I can say is, it sucks, but there are worse things. What I recommend to to try & minimize the buzz, especially before sleep finally takes you, is to focus on your breathing.

I practice yoga, which is helpful in my opinion, especially the meditation part will be effective.

Don't expect it to be a magical cure or anything, just some tips to cope with it.

My 2 cents for you, good luck with it is all I can say, and once again, there are worse things. You could be blind or deaf or anything worse!

3. maria188

maria188 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise induced (club)
      hello r_ve. i have tinnitus since new year's eve too after clubbing.. i feel myself habituated to the sound. I can sleep normally and i hear the sound only at night or at silent places. also went to a club last Saturday with ear plugs on and my t hasn't changed.. i feel ur worry. the advice i could give you is sleep as much as you can.

4. James Brown
      Sporty

James Brown Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09-1998 2013(worst)2018 (T+H)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposition-noise trauma-siren
      The sensation of fullness is usual at the first days of T. Normally it desapears after some time.

5. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      When T is new, it can behave quite unpredictably which get even more on our nerves. The normal parasympathetic nerve is taken over by the limbic nerve and we function in 'fight or flight' mode, which can sensitize our reactions and senses to everything making them appear much worse than they are. Give it time. Try read up other people's experiences in the success stories, so that you know your struggle and some of the symptoms you experience now are quite common among sufferers. And yet people do recover over time. It is best not to fret over what happen day to day, and just be positive that in time you will be just fine like everybody else. In the mean time as a new sufferer, TT offers some good advice as well as masking tracks to help you deal with the T. Take care and God bless.

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/panic/

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      r_ve

r_ve Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      New Years Eve
      Hey guys / girls and thanks for welcoming me!

Thank you for responding. You're right, sometimes I just don't care about my tinnitus and other times I feel like my life has lost all its meaning. Also, my tinnitus is VEEEERY inconsistent.... it changes its volume (sometimes its very loud, sometimes very quiet) and its "type" (from beeping to rustling and so on) to its frequency (it seems to me at least) everyday. I have just read an article that the feeling of pressure on my right ear might be because my inner ear is still swollen..... I just hope this will vanish over time and with the pressure my tinnitus, too..... but it has been over 3.5 months now. :/

Hey Maria, thanks for your response. Yeah, I feel the same, I really care about my ears since New Years Eve and I always wear ear plugs now when I go out which I haven't done before. This is something everybody should do, I have learnd my lesson now. Well, your tinnitus doesn't seem to be that loud, I hope it goes away completely.

Thanks for your message. Well, luckily my tinnitus hasn't really affected my sleeping until now (and I hope that stays so), after a while while lying in bed my thoughts usually drift away and I simpy start to overhear my tinnitus. I even thought that, if I didn't know I had a tinnitus I wouldn't even recognize it, because I wouldn't concencrate on it.... well I'm not quite sure. At the moment it's very quiet and the sound of my computer is enough to make me almost overhear the noise. But then again it gets louder again and on my nerves....... :/

Best greetings

- Tobi

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1