Help! Fluticasone Propionate Ototoxic?! Flixonase 400 mg Nasal Drops...?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Jemina, Aug 24, 2018.

1. Jemina
      Caffeine

Jemina Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxicity and probably cumulative noise exposure
      I got very loud, continuous tinnitus 2 months ago from ototoxicity..

Now I was prescribed fluticasone nasal drops, Flixonase 400 mg, for chronic sinus issues, mucosal thickening - my ENT recommended some kind of sinus "surgery" to clear them, the thickening is mostly in my maxillary and paranasal, ethmoidal sinuses and it's been there for a year but getting worse, the pressure in my head and ears and eustachian tubes is painful but since it's not "acute" I have to wait a long time to get treatment, I saw a private ENT and the treatment is too expensive so I have to talk about it again next Thursday with public healthcare and hope they'll agree...

I'm so afraid of ototoxicity that I don't want to take anything but I know it's not safe to let the inflammation spread...

Help!! Can I take this med or will it damage my inner ear??!! 400 mg sounds like such a huge dose even though it's a nasal drop...

Previously I had patulous, constantly open eustachian tubes for a few years, now they seem to be the opposite... Totally blocked.. at least I feel painful pressure in my ears and the Valsalva maneuver hurts so much I can't even do it (I guess it's not even safe to do so, the pressure might damage my inner ears even more)??

But if my tubes happen to be too open, one would think the nasal steroid will spread easily to my ears and even damage them??!!

My ENT said it should be safe but so said my other doc when prescribing me ototoxic drug that caused my tinnitus 2 months ago!!!