Help, I Think I Got Tinnitus :(

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Wizeled, May 1, 2018.

1. Wizeled

Wizeled Member

Tinnitus Since:
      30/04/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hey guys, a couple weeks ago I think I hurt my ear with a Qtip and it bled a bit, i didn't care much. Fast forward to two days ago, my ears have been really itchy and my left ear started beeping constantly, sadly I'm also a hypochondriac and I can't get my mind off the beep.

Funny enough the beep started exactly after I read about someone taking their own life because they couldn't cope with it which stressed me out a lot. I went to the emergency today and all I was told was that I had some black ear wax on my left ear which could be causing the beep, she told me to put some olive oil for like 5 days until it's all clean and if then the beep continued then we would consider seeing an ENT or whatever.

I read somewhere that If i have a new tinnitus you're supposed to do some treatment which could be too late for me past these 5 days, I honestly don't know what to do, I mean the beep is only worse when i'm in bed at night trying to sleep, it's definitely annoying.

I don't know what to do :(

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Following the doctors' advice would be one reasonable option.
      The "black ear wax" could be blood mixed with ear wax, from your q-tip injury. Ideally your wound heals and the wax cleans out and you are as good as new, but sometimes ear injuries can be complicated.

3. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      I agree with Greg.

Do the suggested treatment, and see where that takes you.

How do you cope with your anxiety with other situations? I find distraction helpful, doing something you enjoy, mindfulness cbt, meditations etc

How do you deal with other things that are annoying? Easy to say this, but put it on ignore. (once you've had the all clear from your ENT).

I have anxiety/ocd, and I can relate to your dilemma. The more you focus on your ears, the more anxiety you are going to generate for yourself.

4. dayma
      Pacman

dayma Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/6/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      UNKNOWN
      My 2 cents. Go to the ENT now. No downside really. Better be in front of this...