Help, Nervous About Possible Tinnitus and Swimmer's Ear

Discussion in 'Support' started by Lord Casey, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Lord Casey

Lord Casey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unkown
      I'm 15 and not really sure what to do. I have had a fever with a sore throat (seemingly coming from my ears to my throat) coughing and headache with body aches ) for 6 or so days now
      I started to have ringing in my ears for the past couple days (both ears) I went to a small clinic in very rural Maine I only saw a nurse who thought it was swimmers ear witch made sense I have been in the water a lot she prescribed neomycin and polymyxin b sulfates and hydrocortisone otic suspenion USP drops that I have only taken twice, the night i got them and this morning. She also said that I could send in for antibiotics if it didn't clear up by friday. I have read a couple articles that say I should go to the emergency room if I have advanced progression of swimmers ear. I am mostly concerned about an invasive ear infection or having long term tinnitus I could not imagine living with what I have experienced the past couple days even if its not insanely loud and I am honestly scared I do not really know what i should do please any advice at all would be very much appreciated

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Welcome to Tinnitus Talk.
      I would have a chat to your doctor who could try you on prednisalone for a few days but the meds your on should help.
      Time is a great healer so try to stay positive it will settle down for you.
      Might be worth getting some moulded earplugs for when you go swimming and diving in the pool....lots of love glynis