Help! Newly Acquired Tinnitus Among with Neuro Vegetative Symptoms

Discussion in 'Support' started by emerald2015, Jul 11, 2015.

1. emerald2015
      Gloomy

emerald2015 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      Hi everyone, I am new around here ! I am a 29 year old male. My T started in Feb 2015 one day when I thought I had a panic attack. All of a sudden, during a normal day, my heart was racing my palms were sweating, I had high BP and high anxiety. Did not worry much about my T as I thought it was due to high BP but ever since than it never went away, together with my strange symptoms which are: muscle tremor when tensed (more than usual when doing an effort) together with anxiety and inability to deal with critical situations, general feeling of unwell (an altered state), occasionally increased pulse and BP (cardiologist exam was fine), eye floaters in my left eye only (unsure if it is related), sweaty palms and feet.
      Ever since it appeared my T was a constant high frequency sound which NEVER disappeared. Occasionally (but not in the pst month) it modifies for a few seconds by changing it's tone but than returns to normal. I have the feeling a different tone is added above the regular one, but cannot be sure.
      Things which I believe could have triggered it: long term high-dose cortisone treatment I had for my autoimmune urticaria (last course was in Sep 2014), a moderate/severe whiplash I suffered in Aug 2014. The neck x-rays showed a minor C2/C3 vertebrae compression, not necessarily from the accident. I have been doing kinetotherapy and physiotherapy in the past 3 months but have seen no improvement (not even minor).
      My hearing test was very good with no hearing loss. My other blood tests are normal except for low vit D level (for which I am already taking daily supplements for 4 months now) and high cholesterol with tryglicerides which Is hereditary and I try to control through diet.
      A homeopathic dr saw me and put me on a dairy free gluten free and separate carbs/protein diet and diagnosed me with adrenal fatigue due to my excessive cortisone treatment in the past. No improvement on my T this time either.
      My thought is that my T is a symptom of a certain underlying medical condition which has not yet been diagnosed, as it appeared together with the other symptoms. I just don't know what other tests to perform and where to go to diagnose.
      Any thoughts or suggestions are highly appreciated !!
      Thank you!
      A

2. Richard Wallace
      Thinking

Richard Wallace Member

Hi emerald, I just saw your post as I was signing off. I'm sorry about your T. I don't want to sound discouraging in any way but a lot of the time it's hard to find the cause of the T because a lot of things can cause it. If you've had it since February, it's been a little while, but it could still go away. Anxiety and higher blood pressure can make it worse for sure. Try to stay busy and keep picking at things/possible sources for your T. I'm sorry I'm not much of a help here. I hope some others will respond with their thoughts. I'm glad you found this forum as there are a lot of caring people here that can help support you and empathize with you. Hang in there....... God Bless...... Rich

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      emerald2015
      Gloomy

emerald2015 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      Thank you Rich for your kind note ! Also glad I found this forum and look forward to share experiences and beneficial information

4. Rafael L

Rafael L Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Headaches and panic attack
      Many of its symptoms are panic attack, every attack has adrenaline in the bloodstream, I'm in a similar situation High frequency T, without hearing loss below 13,5KHz, cholesterol was on edge which is hereditary, I take medicine for cholesterol.

Until what High frequency you listening?

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      emerald2015
      Gloomy

emerald2015 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      I will check my audiogram and let you know exactly, I believe it was somewhere in the 5khz region. I don't get panic attacks all the time, I just get them occasionally and lately I've been controlling myself not to go as far as an attack, just anxiety which is unpleasant. I have always been more anxious by nature so I just panic over my symptoms until I find their real cause