Help People, I Need Some Positive Vibes...

Discussion in 'Support' started by Widex, Feb 26, 2018.

1. Widex

Widex Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I'm tinnitian since December 2016. First time habituated in 30-40 days and it was very easy. This time I'm not doing well, since October, because it has been increased after my best friend's wedding.

It's louder and it has expanded to my left ear also (T was only in my right ear and it bothered me only in quietroom and at night). I think that since that it's even worse now and it's going progressively worse :( My original sound was constant buzzing (eeeee) but now there is 2 or 3 new sounds, in left ear is hissing, whooshing with changing volume and frequency. It's terrible!

My question is; Is there any possibility for this shit to calm down and get back to baseline. Is there any person who have similar symptoms and who went through the same? At least, is a second time habituation possible?

• Hug Hug x 3
    2. monkey legs

monkey legs Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1991 (Low level). Worse Dec 2017 to Now
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear injury (paintball) 1991. 2017 > Onwards Cause? Not sure.
      My friend, I am only 2 months into my Tinnitus, and I think that you are doing amazingly well. I am going through a very hard time at the moment with multiple health problems as well as Tinnitus.

My sound has changed quite a bit, but then goes back to baseline as you say. If your sound has changed since an external event such as a wedding, im sure it will go back to its normal state. I think many on here have had the same as you, it changes then goes back to the old level.

We are all here for you and each other.

Peace and love man.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    3. Greg Clarke

Greg Clarke Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2006
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma, Live Music
      @Widex I've Tinnitus 12 years.

Yes, it's possible for it to go back to baseline. But don't count on it.

Second Habituation is more likely. I went trhough similar experience. First time around, no problem to habituate. Second time took much longer but you get there in the end. The thing is to look after yourself, plenty of excercise (Running or HIIT helped me) and then keep doing anything that you enjoy. Get out and meet friends for coffee etc, eventually things will settle down and you'll be accustomed to the new level to the point that you won't notice it anymore. That's certainly where I am. I'm at a point where I do everything I did before Tinnitus, playing/recording music going to shows etc (With precautions of course) .

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Widex

Widex Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @monkey legs
      Thank you very much dude, I appreciate your words!

@Greg Clarke
      Thank you for very positive feedback! Can you explain me what is "HIIT"? Actually, the only thing I count on si habituation, nothing else!

5. Greg Clarke

Greg Clarke Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2006
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma, Live Music
      @Widex HIIT is high intensity interval training. Great if you can’t get out to run, it can be done at home with no equipment. I found the exercise great for distracting initially but it improves your mood and obviously fitness levels.

You will habituate, be patient. I know it’s hard but you’ll get there.

• Hug Hug x 1
    6. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013

7. Michelle Hopkins

Michelle Hopkins Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2004
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I'm in the same boat as you @Widex! My T has increased in volume and now have additional sounds that I never had before! Only 3 weeks in and i5s absolute torture! I pray every night that it will go back to its baseline! Its exhausting.

Hope yours returns to its baseline soon.

Michelle

• Hug Hug x 4
    8. jimH
      Caffeine

jimH Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      30 years+
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma

Yes, it is possible that it will calm down and return to your previous baseline. I had a horrendous four month spike and severe Hyperacusis in 2014. My T eventually returned to it's previous baseline and my H subsided. The key for me was to get my anxiety and fear under control that was brought on by the thought that my T would remain at that severe level for the rest of my life.

The fact that you stated, "It's terrible!" tells me that you are also very much stressed the same way that I was. I have to admit that I needed an AD for the first time in my life to help me to pull out of the downward spiral of anxiety and depression that I was in. However, I only needed to take it for six months. I'm not suggesting that you should do the same thing. I'm only sharing what finally worked for me. Sustained fear and anxiety seem to exacerbate T conditions and spikes for many people.

Have you seen your doctor regarding this and are you currently taking any medication to help you?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    9. astronomer
      Spaced

astronomer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      april 12/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise induced ( factory/rock band )
      I have been there and finally it has settled after weeks.... keep the anxiety down , keep active , it is the sleep time that is tough but somehow I kept moving forward and it settled, I took attivan a few times for sleep but I don't get hooked on meds , just keep a strong mind and be good to yourself, loud noises seem to be a trigger I have learned, all the best , KC

• Like Like x 1
    10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Widex

Widex Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      No @jimH, I didn't take any medications ever. What AD you have been taking?

11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Widex

Widex Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      How long it take to return to baseline. Sure loud noises and stress are main reason for spike and increase. Thank you for your support!

12. Sven
      Fine

Sven Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/1999
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      It differs from time to time. I'm experiencing my third real spike since I understood the meaning of it. The first one took several months to settle (or if I re-habituated, I'm not sure), the second took me maybe 4 weeks and this one has gone on for 13 days now, with no end in sight).

13. jimH
      Caffeine

jimH Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      30 years+
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma

I only took an AD for six months in 2014. It was Venlafaxine. Some people have had problems with it. However, it did work well for me. If you use the search feature, you'll find numerous threads about AD's. The problem is that what works well for one person may not for another. So, it's necessary to go through the "try and see" period. That can be a PIA when you desperately need relief. Hopefully, the first one you try will work well for you. If you do go on one, make sure that when you decide to come off it, that you do it gradually.

Here's one thread that you can check out:

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/which-antidepressants-for-tinnitus.24640/

14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Widex

Widex Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thank you @Sven @jimH. I have just one more question, how loud is your T? Do you hear your T only on quiet places or everywhere?

15. Sven
      Fine

Sven Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/1999
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Right now pretty much everywhere but the shower, I'm afraid. :(

• Hug Hug x 1
    16. jimH
      Caffeine

jimH Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      30 years+
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma

My T cycles back and forth between moderate and loud. I have more days when it's loud than moderate. When it's loud I can hear it above all "everyday noises." Yes, even when in the shower.

• Like Like x 1
    17. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Widex

Widex Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hope you're good man (Y).

18. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Widex

Widex Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thank you @jimH, you are an inspiration!

19. Littlewolf

Littlewolf Member

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    20. Rohit Saluja
      Alienated

Rohit Saluja Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2 weeks
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced and sinus infection
      I tried this video instructions but didn't work, i think his tinnitus was caused by stress not noise, whoever my tinnitus comes down a bit, but only temporary relief.

21. Littlewolf

Littlewolf Member

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress
      Tinnitus doesn’t go away instantly. The video wasn’t to provide immediate relief from the noise it was to share the information on the steps you can take to get better from it.

• Like Like x 1
    22. Rohit Saluja
      Alienated

Rohit Saluja Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2 weeks
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced and sinus infection
      I agree with you that tinnitus takes some time to go, but my concern is that do you really believe what this person is saying, when i first saw this video i got inspired, because he explains scientifically all this, but i doubt a bit if it's possible then there are so many tinnitus sufferers who are doing meditation daily but only gets temporary relief like me, also he does not reply in the comment section of this video, i am not against this person just having doubts because i have been trying 3 hours of meditation daily with temporary relief.

23. Kratos
      Dreaming

Kratos Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure + Stress
      All my spikes come back to baseline (longest was like 3 weeks).

24. Kratos
      Dreaming

Kratos Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure + Stress
      Yeah it goes away for some people (my sister's T went away too), but it doesn't happen to everybody unfortunately.

I think it's a matter of luck from the brain rewiring the auditory pathway, leaving the hyperactive T neurons unused, and using new ones. That's why there are reports of people whose T banished after having a stroke (the brain has to rewire itself after a stroke to compensate for the stroke's damage).

• Informative Informative x 1
    25. Luman
      Benevolent

Luman Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Intermittent Tinnitus probably noise induced
      I don't doubt that his method of brain training works for him, and others, but I do not understand his views on habituation. It seems to me that whatever results in not being bothered by your tinnitus, whether it is a method like his, simply giving it time, or some other way, is habituation.

26. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      What was the cause of your permanent spike?
      How are you feeling now?

27. Sven
      Fine

Sven Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/1999
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Thanks for asking, Bill. I feel quite a lot better, but I don't think my tinnitus has receded much. I am, however, coping with it quite well at the moment. At times it bothers me though, but I don't feel anxiety anymore, just anger about it.

• Like Like x 1