Help, Tinnitus as a Result of High-Dose Chemo, Getting Unbearable, Anyone Have Any Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Support' started by justin2010, Mar 12, 2017.

1. justin2010
      Depressed

justin2010 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      high dose chemo therapy
      I have tinnitus as a result of high dose chemo. I had two kinds of testicular cancer both in stage 3. I have done my best to deal with it, got hearing aids, tried all sorts of things. It is getting so unbearable.

I have had it for 7 years now and only 30 yrs old. Please does anyone have any suggestions please.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. SilverSpiral
      Sad

SilverSpiral Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ACOUSTIC TRAUMA
      I don't have any suggestions about your hearing but my only suggestion to calm down is to take a salt bath with epsom salts, use 3 cups of epsom salts and soak for 45 minutes even though you can hear your T just try to chill out. it also gives you magnesium which is supposed to help.

In regards to your hearing, have you done audiograms? do you have any visible loss on audiograms? Do your hearing aids have white noise generators? Do you also have hearing distortion? I do thats why hearing aids or white noise generators would be worse than anything.

Sorry to hear you got these conditions from chemo, they are very difficult to deal with in addition to whatever else a person is facing.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      justin2010
      Depressed

justin2010 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      high dose chemo therapy
      they done a audiogram and I had moderate and severe hearing loss in high feq. they did also put a nose qen in them but it does not help anymore. the second time I had high dose chemo is when it started and a nurse came in the room moving her lips. I thought she was playing but came to realize I could nor hear her or my wife unless they deepened there voice. it took almost a month before my hearing came back enuf to hear my wife and daughter then came the ringing . I would much rather be in pain I can deal with pain but something in my head is so different very hard to taulerate thank you

4. Alue
      No Mood

Alue Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      You have my sympathy. I don't have any specific suggestions as I'm suffering with this too.

Does it fluctuate? Have you tried any medications to temporarily lower the ringing?

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      justin2010
      Depressed

justin2010 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      high dose chemo therapy
      I have tried a lot of stuff do you have any suggestions

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      justin2010
      Depressed

justin2010 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      high dose chemo therapy
      Thank you

7. Samantha R

Samantha R Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @justin2010
      Sorry to hear you are struggling with tinnitus. As if cancer isn't enough.
      Are you doing well with the cancer?
      There is no cure for tinnitus, we have to find a way to manage it.
      You should check out the other sections of this forum as many different treatments / alternative treatments are discussed. You may try many things and be lucky enough to find something that helps you.
      My tinnitus is mostly mild, but I have to use masking at night to help me sleep.
      Some people here have tried Nortryptaline (a tricyclic AD) and this has reduced their tinnitus to more manageable levels.
      Getting plenty of rest is paramount, are you able to do this?

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      justin2010
      Depressed

justin2010 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      high dose chemo therapy
      Doing good in remission. Rest is the hardest part. God bless

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      justin2010