Help with Neck Injury — Opinions Please

Discussion in 'Support' started by Dave 7681, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Dave 7681

Dave 7681 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck
      Guys - new to the forum - read many posts - thanks

About 9 months ago I hurt my neck lifting way too heavy of a weight from ground (50 yo)

After about 4 weeks I started to get tinnitus in both ears. Nothing I have tried seems to relieve or greatly change the tinnitus levels - it fluctuates greatly from a 2 to a 5 out of 10 in both ears all day and night.

I have not been able to adjust or habituate due to the constant fluctuations (I know 5 / 10 is not so bad)

Have any of you guys experienced thi ? Also, my fear is that it will eventually get worse - over past 9 months it has remained variable but stable. Been to many Drs of all sorts they all say the same - tinnitus due to neck injury get used it it.

Thanks in advance for any help and thoughts you have for future on this.

2. Flowerlover

Flowerlover Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown, not hearing related
      I have had some type of head/neck injury issue. I did hit my head mowing a lawn on the tractor and pull my neck back as well as hit my head with a heavy piece of wood that swung around. I don't know if that's what has caused my neck pain and stiffness and tinnitus or if there is something else going on in there. Lots of neck crunching. I have a couple days with quiet then it returns. Can't figure out why except sleep position or depth of sleep seems to affect it. Last night I awoke 30 min after falling asleep. Piercing head pain, loud tinnitus after a day of none. So something is going on in there. I use ice, heating pad and rub voltaren, drink warm chamomile tea to calm it.

The best hope I have is doctors have said if there is bone or nerve damage, it will repair itself in time. So I'm feeding it healing supplements to do my part. I could have an MRI but I'm clausterphobic. My doctor refused a CAT because a) she thinks it's all in my head (mentally) b) says CAT scan puts too much radiation in a person.

Let's lean on the side of the body taking time to heal.