Here I Am Again, in Need of Your Help Once Again

Discussion in 'Support' started by Ashlie_McD, Aug 3, 2018.

1. Ashlie_McD

Ashlie_McD Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Hi all!!

A few years ago my pulsatile tinnitus was so horrible, so much so, that I found this site and reached out to you all. With all of your help (it saved my life, really), I was able to get all my testing ordered. All my tests came out negative. I even had a cerebral angiogram which ruled out anything serious. This brought me some peace and I have been living with pulsatile tinnitus ever since. Their explanation was that I have a really big vein/artery right by my eardrum (which is perforated from tubes from when I was struggling with eustachian tube dysfunction). I have so many ear issues!!! I sleep with a sound machine and try to stay distracted, although in the quiet moments when I'm trying to read or watch a show, it can get quite annoying.

The last couple of days my pulsatile tinnitus has gotten HORRENDOUS. It is so loud and the vibrations/feeling of pulsing has gotten worse. I'm trying to think why this might be. I've been doing yoga every day. I do have neck issues, which I combat with yoga and pulsatile tinnitus. The air here in SLC is bad due to the fires, so I was thinking it might be that? I don't know, but this is MADDENING. I feel like I'm back to square one with this. I just made an appointment with my ENT. Years back they wanted to do surgery to close the holes in my ear drums, so I am thinking maybe that will help? I have no clue. Do I go back to my neurologist (the one who did the cerebral angiogram)? Any help/tips would definitely be welcome! Thanks all! Knowing I'm not alone is so helpful.

• Hug Hug x 2
      • Good Question Good Question x 1
    2. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      @Ashlie_McD Hi Ashlie: If it's a vein or artery - research shows that it would more likely to be carotid artery atherosclerosis which accounts for 12% with PT.

As to why your PT is increasing could be due to many things. You mention neck issues and that when you are reading your PT gets quite annoying. Is your head tilted down while reading? This could be a big part of your increase. The bad quality of air from fires can place toxins into your system and neck muscles often will accumulate toxins. Proper oxygen levels are often important for those with PT.

Try reading your books placed in a higher position.

3. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise

If your T is from vascular issues then I would think to take Ginko Biloba. I take it everyday, every 3 hours at work and I do think it takes the edge off.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ashlie_McD

Ashlie_McD Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Thanks for the tip!