Hey Everyone. Can Anyone Help Me Out?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by AVC0002, Feb 10, 2015.

1. AVC0002

AVC0002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Car Wreck
      As everyone here knows Tinnitus sucks pretty bad. I just found that out.

I was in a pretty serious car accident in october and all of the airbags deployed. A short bus cut me f when I was going 50mph. and the the curtain airbag hit me right in the ear.

ever sense then its been ringing nonstop. At first it was extremely loud but after about 2 weeks it went down to where it's at now, that annoying ringing.

I'm suing the company because it was their fault.

I live in Augusta, GA and I dont really know how any of this works.

Can anyone help me out?

also ignore my crappy writing. :)

2. Jeff M.
      Breezy

Jeff M. Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct. 2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Idiopathic
      Hello @AVC0002 , So bummed to hear you are dealing with Tinnitus (T)!! :( Yup, T sucks! No way around it! But it's not a game ender! First few months can be really gnarly as your brain and limbic system adjust to this new "threat". But things will get easier and life will get better! I am living proof!! (y)

Essential right now for you is to get stabilized & evened out! The constant hissing/whinning/screeching etc noise in your head/ears can be maddening, and cause anxiety and depression. That can be exacerbated by sleep deprivation. SO do what you gotta do to get your sleep on :sleep::sleep::sleep:!! Exercise, get naturally tired, eat right, find masking that works for you (search around here on TT for lots of various masking techniques!). If need be, use a sleep aid or speak to your Doc about an AD to keep you cool. Try to maintain as much normalcy in your life as possible. T sucks, but it won't kill you! Determine yourself to overcome and you will!! :)

Stay connected here on TT for support and info, and stay connected to friends and family, make sure they know what you are dealing with. There's some goo info on this here:

http://ata.org/for-patients

Best to you! Wishing you peace and relief soon!!:)

Jeff
      :rockingbanana:

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      AVC0002

AVC0002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Car Wreck
      I really appreciate it. At first it was really annoying and I was just pissed off all the time. in the short time I've had it I've figured out how to distract myself from the noise. but at times it will poke through. \

The other thing is I am in litigation for my injury lawsuit and it has been a big hassle for me and that makes me even more pissed off. So I'm just a little ball of sunshine right now. hahaha

• Funny Funny x 1
    4. Matt01

Matt01 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      28/11/14
      Did you try steroids or HBOT in the first 3 months? Sorry to hear of this.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      AVC0002

AVC0002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Car Wreck
      Yeah they did a steroid treatment right after the accident. when the ringing was at it's worst. But now I'm just in the tricky spot trying to prove it is from the accident I was involved in.

Here's a picture of the car I was driving. Just to give you an idea of how bad it was.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423779981.263157.jpg

6. uncle vikin
      Musical

uncle vikin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Subjective tinnitus r ear cause ( unknown)
      Man , AVCOOO2 That was a bad one,I've had T about as long as you .Mine started Sept 12th 2014.Some AH truckdriver almost killed me 2 years ago on the interstate in Nashville .I managed not to flip the car and was ok but I should have been seriously hurt.70 mph completly lost controll and by the grace of god turned the car around hit the wall backwards crushed the passenger back seat up to the passenger front seat.It happened so fast I did not get truck tag or company .Go after him .That way you might save somebodys life in the future,and take some D.A off the road for a while.

7. densich

densich Member

Ativan helps a lot seriously

8. Sharpfire
      No Mood

Sharpfire Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      It's gone down a bit so hopefully can go down more.

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      AVC0002

AVC0002 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Car Wreck
      It went from extremely loud to an annoying hum in a week or so. And after that week it's just stayed the same since the start of November.