Heya Guys! Not New.

MorphineDream

Author
Feb 16, 2018
Tinnitus Since
Cause of Tinnitus
Unknown
Hey guys! My name's Andrius and I'm a 21 year old university student who studies medical and veterinary biochemistry . Another ordinary sleepless night cause my ol' pal Tins isn't letting me sleep again with the "boiler room" and the "dog whistle" schtick :) Oh well. Decided to surf the web and for some reason googled tinnitus and found this group.

Anyway. My tinnitus isn't new to me. I've pretty much made my peace with it and don't really have much hope curing it. Sure I'd love to hear silence some day again but then again... I'd love to learn to fly as well (like lucid dreaming) but we all know that's not gonna happen :D.

So ya. I guess a good thing to tell would be how I got it. It happened like around 2009. I was just a young 12 year old teen. I remember laying in my bed in complete darkness trying to fall asleep when something very wrong happened. You know that wing-swooshing sound you hear when you yawn? Ya. In just a short moment that was all I could hear (I didn't go deaf but it was so loud that I actually thought I went deaf). That night was one of the worst in my life. I was really close to going insane. It was intense but I managed to calm myself to sleep with the hope of it all being gone tommorow morning. Well. It didn't go anywhere. :dunno: In fact the next morning I noticed I have the "dog whistle" in my head/ears. I didn't tell my parents I had tinnitus (I was 12 and really really scared) but they noticed my hearing went really bad (Thinking about it now - my hearing went worse about 25-30% for some time) and started taking me to the doctors and stuff. Guess life decided it wasn't bad enough and the doctor I got (the one who specializes in nose and ears - lorist, right?) was a complete witch-bitch. She was extremely bitter, yelled at me for not taking care of my health (guess she also didn't like me being a bit overweight back then) and the first thing she did was take one of those gigantic red bulb syringes (the ones who kinda look like oldschool enema bulbs) and blow a big pressurised wave of air straight to my nose. I...don't really wanna talk about it and actually I don't even know why the hell I'm digging up memories like this. :dunno: Ah well...Since I'm doing this I might as well finish it. So ya. After the blow a lot of tears were shed and... my hearing was overly sensitive. As in every little sound hurt. It lasted like for a day and the next day my hearing sucked again so they took me to a hospital where they gave me these foul smelling inhalations and these like...infrared or echo things which looked like earphones and some steroid nasal spray (which when my family doctor saw the name told me and my mom not to use - it didn't help anyway. Guess giving a 12 year old who's just started puberty steroids isn't that wise, eh doc?). None of that shit worked. So ya. My hearing went back in about a month and also during this time the swooshing-yawning sound changed into something simular you hear if main menu of the video game Fallout 2 (I like to call it the boiler room sound). So ya. Now that's pretty much what I have to love with :dunno: I don't really notice it unless I choose to while im in a noisy enviroment during the day, but I do have trouble falling asleep and BUMMER can't really fall asleep unless the room is physically quiet so I do kinda notice it in the night.

So yup. That's my story. :) Please say hi to me, hope I'll get along fine with you. :thankyousign:

I don't really notice it unless I choose to while im in a noisy enviroment during the day, but I do have trouble falling asleep and BUMMER can't really fall asleep unless the room is physically quiet so I do kinda notice it in the night.

Welcome to the forum. Looks like you have a good handle with your T now and it seems mild compared to some members here. You also seem habituated to it. My T started about the same year as you and I too don't really notice it much when I am busy. If you have trouble falling asleep, have you tried masking at bed time? Using sound machine, sound pillow, or just PC with speakers, these will help at bed time. Try not use earbuds in ears for the whole night as that can damage hearing if too long and too loud. You can also try some calming natural stuffs for sleep. Here is a good site with plenty suggestions. Take care. Good luck. God bless.

http://www.christopherhobbs.com/lib...ealth/herbs-and-natural-remedies-for-insomnia /

Welcome to the forum. Looks like you have a good handle with your T now and it seems mild compared to some members here. You also seem habituated to it. My T started about the same year as you and I too don't really notice it much when I am busy. If you have trouble falling asleep, have you tried masking at bed time? Using sound machine, sound pillow, or just PC with speakers, these will help at bed time. Try not use earbuds in ears for the whole night as that can damage hearing if too long and too loud. You can also try some calming natural stuffs for sleep. Here is a good site with plenty suggestions. Take care. Good luck. God bless.

http://www.christopherhobbs.com/lib...ealth/herbs-and-natural-remedies-for-insomnia /
Thaaanks :)
Yeah I'll give your suggestions a go :)

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now