Hi All! Tinnitus Friend Here.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Tobjon, Jul 26, 2015.

1. Tobjon

Tobjon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2015-07-17
      Hi guys!

A week ago after a time of stress and anxiety all of a sudden I hear two whistling tones coupled with two slightly tones. Really loud and cant be masked. This past week has been absolutely terrible of course, im stressed out of my mind and really thought this will be the end of me.

After reading on this board I realize that i doesn't have to be this way. I will try as much as I can to not fight these new sounds in my head, I must make friends with them, no matter how hard it can be. Also to make sure I keep my mind occupied. Dont isolate myself, not self pity, try to just get on with my life. I have a rough time ahead, I know that, I have started taking Sertralin to help me keep my spirits up in the coming weeks as well as sleeping pills as sleep is key now in the beginning.

I keep telling myself that if I was born this way I wouldnt even think about it. :)

For the sake of my family and friends I will get through this. Thats the only way.

• Hug Hug x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    2. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Hi, Tobjon, and welcome!

I know you're going through a rough time right now, and I totally sympathize. It looks like you are doing all the right things to begin to overcome this affliction we all share.

You're right that sleep is crucial right now; it will help you cope with your T during the day, and keep you feeling calmer. It's best to keep busy, and live your life as close to normally as possible.

One suggestion for you: For some people in the early stages of tinnitus, Prednisone may help. It is a prescription drug that must be obtained from your doctor. If you catch tinnitus very early after it has begun, it does help some people overcome it. You could consider checking with an ENT doctor for a prescription.

You definitely have the right attitude, and I know you will find the strength to get through the roughest part of tinnitus. Tinnitus always seems most severe at the beginning, and as time goes on, and our bodies and brains adjust to it, habituation becomes easier.

You can come here any time for information or moral support.

Take care, and keep doing what you're doing!

Best wishes,
      Karen

• Hug Hug x 1
    3. Georgia
      Thinking

Georgia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hello Tobjon!

You have already had a lovely welcome from Karen :) But WELCOME!! anyway! I have to admit I've never thought about being BFFs with the sounds, but I love your optimism its really inspiring to have a new member whose not really depressed but so brave Its amazing to hear that! With an attitude like this from the very start I can already say that you are going to get through this (everyone will whether they believe it or not) there will be ups and downs but hey that's what we are here for! Have fun, and Btw your right about the being born with it thing!

Stay amazing and always be happy! Keep in touch with us all!

-Georgia!!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Tobjon

Tobjon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2015-07-17
      Hey thanks! What a lovely welcome from both of you! Made my day for sure. :)

• Hug Hug x 1