Hi All

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Ezz, Apr 14, 2018.

1. Ezz

Ezz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Brain surgery - endoscopic third ventriculostomy
      Hi all

I have developed a constant ringing/tone in my ears after undergoing two lots of brain surgery in January and February.

The first lot of surgery had an effect on my hearing which made high pitched voices distort like Mr Bobby!

It was as if the signals from my right and left ear were out of sync.

Thankfully this calmed down and has now stopped.

Loud noises - especially people shouting or speaking too loud - hurt my ears and I have to go and get away from them sometimes! Background noise is fine though. I almost prefer it as it means I don't notice the constant tone.

Its worse at night when my surroundings are quiet! It's seems to be worse when I'm tired too.

I think I have got used to it, but it can be quite hard to block out at times!

Anyway just thought I'd read a few of the stories on here in case I ever feel a need to do anything about it if it doesn't go away.

I'm sure after I went to loud nightclubs or gigs I used to get this, but it went away quickly.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. dayma
      Pacman

dayma Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/6/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      UNKNOWN
      Welcome to the forums! I hope you brain surgeries went ok also. I can only assume that you need some time to heal especially from anything to do with the brain. Have hope!

3. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Welcome to Tinnitus Talk @Ezz ,
      Sorry to hear you have had brain surgery and hope it went well .
      Tinnitus comes from the brain and ear problems so I hope over time your tinnitus settles down may be due to missfiring signals from the trauma.
      Try stay calm and relaxed and keep relaxing music on around you when you need a break from the ringing .
      See your doctor if sleeping becomes a problem or find your mood dipping.
      Love glynis