Hi from Australia, New to TT

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Aussie Lea, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Aussie Lea
      Dramaqueen

Aussie Lea Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      Hi, new to joining. But have been reading this site for 10 months. Feel like l already know so many people here and have a warm fondness for them. Anyhoo, Tinnitus what a beast of a condition, all you need is a brain and ears and your in trouble. How did l get mine? who knows, perhaps l got out of the wrong side of bed, or tempted the Gods by saying "My body is a temple" "A temple of doom". Was just trying to be funny, make others laugh little did l know my body would take it literally. My T turned up after having hours of dental work, a 6 tooth bridge, which l had done twice as the first time it did'nt fit well, so about 6 hours of drilling in a 3 week period. Apparently lots of cases of this through my reading. Anyway it has impacted my life Big time and l feel like l am the only person in Australia who is not managing this well. Quite alot my friends and relatives have it, not a problem for them.
      Thanks sending all of us good karma. xxx

• Hug Hug x 3
    2. BobDigi
      Kick ass

BobDigi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Hey Aussie Lea. I Started wondering if I did something to deserve tinnitus. I'm pretty sure the world doen't work like that. But I've decided to hedge my bets and do more nice things. Just in case. Nice to meet you x

3. Marlene
      English

Marlene Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      July 1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bacterial virus
      Hi Bob hope you had good weekend after all,Take it Isle of Wight Festival didn't get on your list to do ,even with ear plugs.Mine today are going like crazy,been like this for few days.My balance been up the creek at same time.
      Hi to Lea from Aussie .

4. BobDigi
      Kick ass

BobDigi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Hi Marlene. No, a few of my friends went to the IOW festival, but it's not for me. I had a great weekend though. Which really helped. It proved to me I can still have a great weekend, even with T.
      Sorry to hear about your volume increase. Mines been constant since it started. Also luckily I haven't had any balance problems so far. Which is great because I'm a window cleaner!
      Do you suffer from vertigo?

5. Marlene
      English

Marlene Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      July 1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bacterial virus
      Glad you had good couple days Bob,it is good if you can shut it out,no rain at festival this year hey, quite fair bit of mud last year over there when shown on TV.all adds to the fun by the state of the followers of the festival.
      I was told few years ago I had hyperacusis but only today was told by hospital physio it's sounds more to be vestibular,as it began from a bad head virus.back to square one.Did get exercise to try,I'd not had before
      I've had this balance constant for 3 years now,feels like on on a boat swaying / rocking.tried most meds last one was magnets on inside of wrist.no go.Lot on A UK site have it,which came as a big surprise
      My husbands had tinnitus over 30 yrs Bob and he's not had a balance issue,so rests easy.If I could go back in time ,3yrs I was far better coping with the tinny,than now.Life hey ,lots worse off I tell myself daily.its learning to distract ing yourself,that's the secret,or at least one of them. Warmest wishes Bob