Hi! I'm Ben and I'm 16. I've Had Tinnitus for a Month.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Crazeefiend, Apr 1, 2015.

1. Crazeefiend
      Wishful

Crazeefiend Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3rd March 2015
      Hey my name is Ben and I'm 16 and have had tinnitus for a month, I've already realised this is permanent as its a symptom of my CFS, but im still not comfortable with it, any tips or anything? Thank you

2. john mccluskey

john mccluskey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/10.2013
      Hi Ben how you doing ? How did it start ?

3. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome Ben. Sorry to hear you have T at such a young age. In order to give you advice, perhaps you can provide some more detail of your T, like how it started, the tone & pitch, how you cope with it, any anxiety/panic/sleepless issue and whether you have masking etc. etc. Also tell us what the doctors say about your ears and hearing. TT has rich resources to help out a newer sufferer. Here is a link to get some info what you should do and it comes with a masking track plus link to an audio player with many other masking sounds to choose from.

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/panic/

Being young with T doesn't mean it will be suffering for life time. Young people sometimes can recover faster or better than older members. It also depends on your philosophy or approach towards life. If you can learn to accept T, it is a lot easier to move on with life. There is a young pretty lady Zoe Cartwright who was completely deaf at young 15, and so her loud T was unmaskable. She was smart to make a decision early to accept the reality of T in her life. She said either acceptance or risking a life time of misery. Amazingly, even after 10 years of loud unmaskable T, she made a tinnitus film as a university project and she tells people she loves her life. So her attitude of not reacting to her T negatively has helped her sail though her life without all the negatives. You can read a more detail story of her and also watch her film on page 15 of the Positivity Thread (at the top of the Support Forum), as in here:

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/the-positivity-thread.3142/page-15

She is not alone for being young and doing well even after T. There is a 12 year old and a 17 year old on TT who wrote their success stories and perhaps others too. So don't worry that you are young with T. Here are a few links of success stories from young people:

success story of 17 years old Zach:
      https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/fake-it-until-you-make-it.7590/

success story of Jari with T since 12 years old:
      https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/new.7670/

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Crazeefiend
      Wishful

Crazeefiend Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3rd March 2015
      hey john, Im doing not so bad really. If I'm honest I don't know how it started, Like i said Im pretty sure its a symptom of my M.E. As its regularly reported along side it. I've already got to grips with it and accepting it. Lets hope it goes soon! How are you doing?

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Crazeefiend
      Wishful

Crazeefiend Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3rd March 2015
      First off thank you very much for the long post, was very uplifting :), It started with M.E. And occasionally my ears would ring, Then go away for awhile, But then it did it one night and didn't stop, I didn't really think anything of it at the time as I thought it would just go away, but it unfortunately didn't. The noise is a high pitched eeeeeeeeee noise. I get very anxious about it and my M.E. doesnt help as it makes me anxious all the time. I'm sleeping perfectly fine just like normal. I'm coping quite decently with it, Some times its loud and sometimes its quieter and when its loud it gets me nervous, Im trying to combat the nerves but it's not easy :). THank you for your very helpful message :)

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Crazeefiend
      Wishful

Crazeefiend Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3rd March 2015
      Ok fast update I might have figured out what is doing this. I think it's my nose blocking. It's blocked all the time since around February and whichever nostril is blocked. Thats the ear it rings out of. Like last night, My right nostril was blocked and my right ear rung. Could this be the cause or no??

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Crazeefiend
      Wishful

Crazeefiend Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3rd March 2015
      another thing too Is I'm very stressed at the moment as I'm disabled and we might not get any money for disabilities anymore so it is getting me stressed, that a reason for it too? Started the same time as my tinnitus around about

8. SoulStation
      No Mood

SoulStation Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise / Possible Medication
      Ben. Best thing for you to do is know that your t may very well resolve. Try to mask with some soothing sounds for now and stay off these boards if you get scared easily.
      You'll be ok!

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Crazeefiend
      Wishful

Crazeefiend Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3rd March 2015
      Omg I can barely hear it atm :) thanks for your post soul station :)

10. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Yes, stress can aggravate T so it is best to try to stay positive. Try to focus on what you have to do daily and don't monitor T. Try masking when your loud T gets you nervous. That way you know you have something to help you when it is loud and you won't get nervous every time it spikes.