Hi I'm Don

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by mindbender, Nov 29, 2014.

1. mindbender

mindbender Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2011
      I have had low level tinnitus for 4 yrs.(Hissing with high pitch ring) Audio test revealed, very little hearing loss at high level. About 2 months ago my tinnitus spiked to high levels with intermittent ear pain mainly left ear. I noticed because I am an Red wine drinking enthusiast, that when I over served myself my tinnitus completely goes away for about 24 to 36 hours then returns with a vengeance from hell for about 4 or 5 days then returns to very low levels. I tried this several times to try establish a pattern and it exists. ?? is what is the science behind this. MY ENT and Audiologist offer no answer.

2. Carlos1

Carlos1 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Root Canal
      I too find that when I have a few beers my T goes down but next day it usually spikes......

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      mindbender

mindbender Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2011
      The more I drink the longer it goes away, but within 24 give or take I'm in Hell like I never knew. Nevr planned giving up my wine, but is there a scientific answer to this? Thanks for your reply,I don't feel alone.

4. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Alcohol acts on gaba receptors (inhibitory neurotransmitter) in the same way as benzos ie diazepam/lorazepam

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      mindbender

mindbender Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2011
      Thanks, how do I drink the wine and not spike the T/H? Am I to assume I buy some GABA, is there such a product? Then I can get relief from the T/H after drinking the wine?