Hi I'm Jesper

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Jesper, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Jesper

Jesper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2004
      Recently i managed to make tinnitus worse by going to a rock concert. It behaves a little different now. Everytime sound increases so does my tinnitus. The same when sound decreases. Is this normal?

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jesper

Jesper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2004
      I'd really like an answear to this. My tinnitus is low when there's no sound around but whenever the sound level increases so does my tinnitus. The rock concert was 2 weeks ago so Im still getting used to it. My ears seem to be a little more sensitive also. I've seen a doctor and he says there's no damage to the eardrums. Should I see someone else?

Is this something that might just be in the initial stage and might go away?

3. David S

David S Member Benefactor Ambassador

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Jesper,
      I have the same thing. I do not know way it is like that. The problem is that you can never hide T with music or anything else. After reading on this forum it seems to be a quite common problem that T is sound reactive.

4. Valentin

Valentin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      17/08/2013
      eardrum is never damaged in case of concert, the damage is in the inner ear and is still invisible to nowadays technology.

5. epin3m
      Badass

epin3m Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Hi Jesper,

It says that your T started in 2004. What happen now, did it get worse?

I think this is normal. Any exposure to loud sounds tends to make T louder.

Even this guy who claims to be totally habituated experiences that.

• Like Like x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jesper

Jesper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2004
      I got tinnitus 2004 when I was hit by a giant wave in the head when swimming. 2 weeks ago I went to a rock concert and it seems to have gotten worse.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jesper

Jesper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2004
      I has gotten so much these months, I am really desperate for some help. I now hear rattling sounds when engines and such make their noises. I cant listen to music anymore because some tones make noises. Its hard to explain but its almost as if the sounds splits in two, the original sound and a scheech. I cant even twist and turn in my bed without hearing schreeching sounds. This is really hard for me and im close to offing myself. Anyone heard of these kinds of sounds before because I havent. Seems like im the only one on earth with this and its like hell.

• Hug Hug x 1