Hi, I'm Louise

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by LOUISE HAILES, Jan 17, 2016.

1. LOUISE HAILES

LOUISE HAILES Member

Tinnitus Since:
      I live in the UK and have had tinnitus for 5 years. Sometimes I cope with it and sometimes I don't, I have a constant hissing noise in my right ear, I have loss of hearing on the right side and wear a hearing aid. I also suffer with pain across my face and down the side of my ear. I needed to join a forum as in the UK I am ignores or fobbed of by my doctor and no one understands.

• Hug Hug x 3
    2. Richard zurowski

Richard zurowski Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      27/12/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection.
      @LOUISE HAILES . Hi welcome to this forum. You won't be ignored here.

3. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Hi, Louise, and welcome to Tinnitus Talk! We're a great group of people, and those of us here understand what you're going through.

I have a constant hissing noise (and hearing loss) in my right ear, too. I'm so sorry you're having pain across your face and around your ear. Has a doctor checked you for this, and what did they say about the pain? I hope they took you seriously, and didn't just pass it off as unimportant.

We're glad you've connected with us here on Tinnitus Talk, and wish you well.

Best wishes and hugs,
      Karen

• Like Like x 1
    4. Vincent777
      Supportive

Vincent777 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      25/12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced after a rock concert where I played
      Hi @LOUISE HAILES, nice to meet you. You're in the right place, people here are amazing, I've been here two days and already they've given me ton of advices and so much support and love.

Try listening to this to mask your tinnitus, it works wonders for me. I use them together, basically one is white noise and the other is is Binaural beats music. I've slept like a baby from it.
      Mix them together, white noise should mask the tinnitus while binaural beats should help you calm down. I wish you peace and calm my friend.

Tinnitus Masking noise / Tinnitus Remedy - 3...

RAIN IN THE WOODS SLEEP SOUNDS | Nature's...

Healing music for Body, Mind, Spirit: Help...

Advanced Nerve and Cell Regeneration with...

BAMBOO WATER FOUNTAIN | Relax & Get Your...

sleep sound Hour of Relaxing Ocean (HD) White...

And check this rain sound generator, you can choose white, brown, pink and grey noise as well as some frequencies for the sound of the rain you want. http://mynoise.net/NoiseMachines/rainNoiseGenerator.php

Also get a doctor to prescribe you some clonazepam to calm you down, it makes your tinnitus lower as well.

Here's the study: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22626945

I listen to this radio when I work from home to help me relax and get into the mood, it's an ambiental post-rock/trance with a little of dubstep: http://www.divbyzero.de/index.php/streams the a m b i e n t & d o w n b e a t radio station.

Hope it helps and update me on how you like the music/white noise sounds!