Hi I'm Sue

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by SueC, Nov 5, 2015.

1. SueC

SueC Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2003
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      i think it was after I'd been in a swimming pool.
      I've had T for a number of years. Whe I first experienced it I really didn't cope very well. I had lots of visits to the Doctors, hearing tests and even an MRI scan. Nothing wrong. I even have very good hearing. I got a referral to the T clinc at our local hospital - I had to request this from the Dr as they didn't know about the clinic. At the clinic I met Elaine - a lovely lady who really helped me to cope. She provided me with masking hearing aids and an under pillow speaker. Eventually the high pitched sound got replaced by a hissing sound which was bearable . A few weeks ago I developed a really bad head cold and T returned with a vengeance - very loud but also a lot of pain in my right ear. The Dr said it couldbe TMJ or fluid in the eustacian tubes from the cold - if the latter it can take months to disperse. If TMJ this is also supposed to clear itself over a period of time. At the moment I am taking Ibuprofen when the pain is intense or just a paracetamol. I have also had an under active thyroid for 40 years and take thyroxin - not sure whether this could affect T. Any suggestions for help with the fullness and pain in the ear appreciated.

2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to TT @SueC. We here understand and have empathy for your struggle with T as many of us have been where you are. Your symptoms of ear fullness and pain seem to point to ETD or Eustachian Tube Disfunction problem. I am no doctor but here is a site which talks about it and hope you will find it useful.

http://patient.info/health/eustachian-tube-dysfunction

3. Karl28
      No Mood

Karl28 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2001 bad since 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music via headphones
      T allways gets screwy during / after a cold.