Hi, New Here, Tinnitus Since February, Hearing Is Good, Have High-Frequency Tinnitus Noise

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Rob79, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Rob79

Rob79 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi everyone,

I stumbled across this site after just over a month of experiencing what I think is tinnitus.

I'm a musician and last year I had a particularly traumatic experience which left me with stress, anxiety, and high blood pressure.

This came to a head at the start of February this year when I started having a pulsing feeling in my right ear, soon followed by a very high frequency noise in both ears but mainly my left.

I also have earache, a very tense jaw and neck and seem to not be able to filter out very high frequency noise such as from my laptop and the fridge!

I was given medication for high blood pressure and the pulsing is mostly gone but the high frequency noise and the stiff neck and jaw is still there. I have a high frequency noise in my head and ears perhaps 65% of the time.

I've been to a doctor three times now and they say there's nothing wrong with my ears, no wax or glue etc and today I had a hearing test and my hearing is good. I took photos of the results.

A long, rambling post but if anyone has any advice on what might be going on it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

R

2. Time4fix
      Ape-like

Time4fix Member

Tinnitus Since:
      The event
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      In short, there is tinnitus that is caused by noise and temporomandibular tinnitus which is caused by a bad jaw joint or/neck strain. Since u are a musician it could very well be either. I suggest first getting your neck and jaw checked out and loosened up before u look further. Also, having a normal audiogram doesnt indicate there isn't some sort of damage. Synaptopathy will not be visualised on an audiogram.