Hi There! Clogged Ears and Horrible Noise Here :(

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Laurix, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Laurix
      Haunting

Laurix Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi, my name is Laura and I'm 37 y.o.
      3 years ago I had a couple of episodes of clogged ears and a strong noise like ummmm inside my ear. I went to an ENT and he said everything was fine, well, he just tested my hearing (no loss) and my medium ear pressure. These episodes eventually resolved themselves, until now, I'm feeling the same sensation, pressure in my ears, sensitivity to loud noises and horrible noise that doesn't let me sleep. So, I went to a different doctor this time and I got the same answer, pressure ok, hearing ok, just one difference, he guessed that I might have Cochlear Hydrops, and his recommendation was to stop the intake of alcohol (umm ok), salty foods (noooo), and coffee (from my cold dead hands). I also have a date with an TMJ expert because I'm also feeling a slight pain in my jaw. The thing is that these episodes of clogging and humming (both 3 years ago and now) came after a very stressful period in my life, I've had to deal with other health ailments, financial issues, family health problems, pet loss, work stress, and so on. I'm wondering if these have any kind of relation with this nasty sensation. Any insight is appreciated. Thanks.

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi Laurix,
      Welcome to Tinnitus Talk.
      Jaw pain can cause inflamation and the joint is near the middle ear and cause presure.
      Tinnitus and Hyperacusis / sensitive to sound can be caused through stress and at night clenching your teeth can cause the pain in your jaw and all connected.
      Try to off load stress and maybe when get your TMJ looked at a night guard over your bottom teeth will help you
      If you had cochlear highdrops you would have nausia feel a bit off balance abit dizzy or vertigo
      ...lots of love glynis

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Laurix
      Haunting

Laurix Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hey Glynis, thanks very much for answering! No, I don't have nausea or dizziness (thank god), just this horrible pressure in my ears, the humming, and the noise sensivity. I can have it for a day or two and then I wake up fine, without the pressure and the noise, but the sensivity remains. I've had 4 episodes in 3 weeks, so I'm getting anxious thinking that this thing is gonna last forever, and I think that's also a problem because I'm highly psychosomatic and can reproduce any symptom if I'm obsessed about it. Hope it's all due to stress and achieving certain degree of relax can resolve it. Thanks for your input!

• Like Like x 1